Page 2 of 9

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:32 am
by Mithrandir
how much are the 12s you have in ur car cause 1600 watts a piece is a bit much for me. I was hoping to get 2 loud ass 12s that ran around 600 rms a piece.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:06 am
by Justin from Detroit1
they are $349 each and worth every penny of it.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:07 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I dont think the XXX are over rated. I think they are way hyped up however. Same with eD, Treo, Ascendant and others...

These are non-mainstream brands. There is a large desire to use such items simply bvecause not everyone and their brother has them. Face it, everyone likes to be on the cutting edge.

Which I think is where Elevation Audio is. Exactly why I sugguested them to you. Im glad they are good. It was one of them places where you can look at the specs and wonder if they are any good. Especially since the Xmax ratings are so low.

Im really considering two Pros for my car... 1000WRMS and I have 900WRMS :)

Time to look at the price.

Also, ask them if they have any DUMAX reports on the subs. This will help us understand the sub better and will be a helpful selling tool for you.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:06 am
by Jszar
justin, whats the mounting depth on your pro 12?

after over a year with no system, i am almost ready to build my next. money has been flying out the door before i could deposit into the bank. this will be my summer project. time to start looking at what i will buy. i've had a setup in mind for a while, but so much has happend since then in design and whats out now....i'll have to rethink this here.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:40 am
by ridr4lif
I dont think the XXX are over rated. I think they are way hyped up however. Same with eD, Treo, Ascendant and others...

These are non-mainstream brands. There is a large desire to use such items simply bvecause not everyone and their brother has them. Face it, everyone likes to be on the cutting edge.


This is exactly why i reccomend these companies. They are Great brands, yet inexpensive in comparison to most of the mainstream companies.

TEDD

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:55 am
by crzystng
does anyone here realize that elevation has been on the market for over two years now? maybe not to the public but the execution sub has been avaliable for a whle now.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:24 am
by audiobass10
crzystng wrote:does anyone here realize that elevation has been on the market for over two years now? maybe not to the public but the execution sub has been avaliable for a whle now.
From what i've gathered, Elevations new products are HUGE step up from the equipment they first produced. I'm not sure if any changes have been made on the execution sub or not though. That piece o' crap amp Basstronics had definitely reflects a change in their current product line.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:28 am
by GlassWolf
my two XXX 12" are in an aperiodic enclosure. they aren't meant to be loud so much as accurate and detailed. mind you the SX is more efficient than the XXX and will get louder as well, with the same amount of power applied. The XXX is a better SQ sub than the SX however.

If you really want to do this though I guess I could take your challenge when I get my car back on the road. I can pull the AP enclosure, and go pick up a few sheets of MDF and throw together a 6th order box or a TL enclosure and stick the RE subs in that with the 2250SX amps to drive them. I have a feeling however, that between a 6th order enclosure tuned to quarter-wave @ the mic and over 2000 watts of power, I could be using two sony P5s and still meter better than two of anything with 450 watts each in small sealed enclosures.

I'm not however, disputing that your new subs are good. mind you I had my REs before there was an RE bandwagon to jump on.
I'm actually thinking about looking for something else to use now that everybody has RE subs. my whole intent when I got them was to have something that was fairly rare to see. not that you can actually see the subs behind the AP membranes anyway.. *laugh*

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:02 am
by Ryan from Ohio
This thread has now made it onto the CAF forums...

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showt ... p?t=215778

Someone please stuff a fat c*ck in Fenadils open hole, I mean mouth...

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:09 am
by Jszar
is that forum worth anything? are there any smart people there? i've only read a few threads, and it sounds like a bunch of newbs.