Page 2 of 3
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:47 pm
by smoker
ok, i know its done so where are the pics at? you know your my hero joe. i need some pics!
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm
by OnYrMrk
Pics coming tomorrow. PROMISE!
no build pics, but finished pics are for sure! All build pics are with Pate.
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:05 pm
by High Society
Yea 135 is great. I wouldn't mind doing all out SQ in my truck, but I know I'll need to mod my doors and what not to create a good front stage.
finished pics
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:09 am
by OnYrMrk
Welp, I heard from Pate, and he is finishing up on editing the pictures of the build, but I know you want to see them, so here are the finished pics for you to enjoy.
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:14 am
by OnYrMrk
more
Kicks - Focal 6K2P
Doors: Focal 6KBE
A-Pillars: Focal TN53K Kevlar Tweeters
Headunit Fuse block that is double fused in case of surge.
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:46 am
by falkenbd
OnYrMrk wrote:
Headunit Fuse block that is double fused in case of surge.
meaning you fused the b+ and the accessory power wire?
wouldn't the accessory be fused by the car already?
or did you fuse the ground?
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 pm
by OnYrMrk
In competition, for safety concerns, the head unit must be fused separately from the car. This way we set it up that if the first fuse blows, there is a backup as well.
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:42 pm
by Bwcad1
OnYrMrk wrote:In competition, for safety concerns, the head unit must be fused separately from the car. This way we set it up that if the first fuse blows, there is a backup as well.
That seems like its redundant and useless and possibly dangerous. If the first fuse blows most likely from a short you will continue to allow current through the second fuse until it blows. Or you just doubled the current capacity of that fuse block which maybe higher than you wire creating a fire hazard? You guys are smart guys so obviously im missing something here lol.
Falken just pointed out that you are fusing accessory and battery + that makes more sense lol.
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:08 pm
by OnYrMrk
battery is fused at the battery. On the battery, I will take a picture and upload that one too. I have a brass bus bar set up on the battery that lends to the fusing of the system.
I may be off on the dual HU fuses, but it was my understanding that at least one of them is for the headunit. Every component in a Competition SQ car that receives current from the charging source must be fused. Therefore we fused the headunit.
The other may be for accessory. I am not sure though. I will ask Chris and get back to you.
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:11 pm
by falkenbd
what values are those fuses?