Page 2 of 7

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:30 pm
by Bwcad1
MobileAudio219 wrote:Should be able to put the car in the low/mid 140's for around $500.
I'm still a big fan of the hifonics amps and alpine type r's.
I would get 2 12" r's in a good custom ported box (around 2 cuft each tuned to 40ish hz) and a hifonics bxi 1200.1 or 1500.1. That should put you in low/mid 140's db range probably.
O really?

please explain that one with a break down with prices.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:18 pm
by falkenbd
maybe you should change your screen name???

sounds like you don't think visonik is FTW anymore...



Back on topic: there is a lot more to it than throwing the stuff in your. You want to be into the 140s loud, you better have a clue.

Stock electrical? might not handle it, at least upgrade the big 3

Power wire? You need bigger wire to pull the current for big boy amps

Pre-fab box? Just won't cut it. Period. You'll need to learn something about enclosure design.

Buying new equipment is pointless if you don't get on the right track.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:08 pm
by MobileAudio219
Bwcad1 wrote:O really?
please explain that one with a break down with prices.
Oh Billy...

hifonics 1200.1 = $175 ebay

12" Alpine type r's = $250 ebay

Enclosure (materials) $50.00

Cheap amp Kit (maybe able reuse his?) If not $50.00 (cheap kit.)

So yeah, give or take $500.00

It's in a early 80's hatch back mustang. I'd say low 140's is possible, and maybe mid 140's if you really try.

The key is a decent box design, I'm sure you, ryan, mike or terry would be willing to design him a decent box for some cash????

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:12 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Bwcad1 wrote:O really?
please explain that one with a break down with prices.
1 of your Amps = $100
4 12" Ground Pounder subs from me = $120

Its possible, maybe.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:16 pm
by Bwcad1
Ryan from Ohio wrote:1 of your Amps = $100
4 12" Ground Pounder subs from me = $120
Its possible, maybe.
Not enough power for 4 of those. Also add 1/0 install wire = 120

batteries deck rca's that shit ads up quick trust me i know. when your order 8 sets of each its mad expensive lol

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:33 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Well...

If I could get the SVC could wire all 4 to 1 Ohm... That amp have what 1000 WRMS? should be enough.

I can do a 1/0 kit for under $120, unless someone wants to pay $120... lol

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:53 pm
by Bwcad1
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Well...
If I could get the SVC could wire all 4 to 1 Ohm... That amp have what 1000 WRMS? should be enough.
I can do a 1/0 kit for under $120, unless someone wants to pay $120... lol
Negative there 500rms at 1

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Ooohhhhhh...

Well 1 amp will work with 2 of these subs then ;) DVC 4 Ohms

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:34 pm
by audiobass10
You're lucky with a hatchback, though i duno how loud those mustangs get. I'd say a good place to start with box design would be a CRX style box. Sub up ports back. Works well in many hatch backs, but i'm not real familier with the ole' stangs. I'm sure bill or someone else might have a better idea on what those cars like to get loud. Mid 140's is a very respectable score. I think alotta guys don't realize how loud it is. Everyone wants to be in the 150's and has never even experienced it lol. Takes some work that's for sure.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:38 pm
by MobileAudio219
I don't see him having any problems hitting low to mid 140's with the hatch.

We did a throw and roll (quick install) in my cousins durango and it did a 140.7 db.

2 12" type r's (4 cuft tuned to 35hz) running off a 1200.1.

He had like 550 into EVERYTHING including a used kenwood deck.

That's with a 4 gauge wiring (which is 17ft long :embarrass ) and with a crappy battery. A box geared more towards spl, a new battery, big 3, and 2 gauge wiring would really help to improve his score.

Edit: He did replace the battery. We're going to do the big 3 and run new wire to the amp when we try another box design here shortly.