Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

usenet vs. torrents

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
tomcat
Senior Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:41 am
Location: G.R. Area,MI

Post by tomcat »

The music industry stopped going after individuals august of last year. They are now trying to shut it down at the source, like pirate bay. But for every one they shut down 2more start. I haven't heard of the movie industry going after anyone yet.

I do all my downloading through a wireless connection. I have no idea whose it is and I don't want to know. I just download with utorrent. It only goes 140 kbs but its free.
Jon
Senior Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:35 am
Location: Toledo, OH
Contact:

Post by Jon »

GlassWolf wrote:"Oh my. I have no idea what happened. It must be someone using my unsecured wireless access point for my home wifi network! Oh dear!"

-Refuted.
Charges dropped.

I don't think that would get you off the hook. I am sure you have some responsibility to secure your internet connection. It would be similar to leaving a loaded weapon unsecured.
Post Reply