Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:20 am
Thank you for the suggestion. I've been eyeing several drivers at PE, waiting for them to go on sale.
A Car Audio Forum dedicated to providing our members with the best audio, video, and alarm troubleshooting.
https://caraudiocentral.net/forums/
Thank you for the suggestion. I've been eyeing several drivers at PE, waiting for them to go on sale.
I appreciate the recommendation. I don't mind saying that I'm totally unfamiliar with Ultra. In fact, this is the first I've heard of them. For my own edification, what makes a LV8 a good fit for the constraints of the project?OnYrMrk wrote: Ultra Subs FTW! I am looking at doing 4 of these little gems in my car. Not sure if I can mount all in the back of the mustang, but we will see.
Ultra Subwoofers
FJF wrote:I appreciate the recommendation. I don't mind saying that I'm totally unfamiliar with Ultra. In fact, this is the first I've heard of them. For my own edification, what makes a LV8 a good fit for the constraints of the project?
<grin> That very well may be true. A couple of drivers look OK on paper - Dayton Quatro and JBL GTO, as examples - but I haven't heard either. I've auditioned larger variants of the two with mixed results, but that doesn't tell me much about the 8s.Bwcad1 wrote:It sounds to me like your looking for the perfect drive in an imperfect world like all of us! lol
I don't know if I'd say the four made an identical mechanical noise, yet each of them produced mechanical sounds other than the low frequencies they were meant to reproduce. Those anomalies, if you will, were clearly audible and unacceptable to my mind. None of them were over-excurting and of course I'd checked the tinsel leads. At this point, I wouldn't call any of them good drivers. Perhaps it's a matter of expectations. :)What type of mechanical noise are you getting, Can you explain that in some detail? I find it hard to understand that 4 good drivers produced the same noise.
I'll look into the Ultra.I would use the Dayton or the Ultra
I'd considered an IB solution, but quickly dismissed it due to my unwillingness to mod the car to such an extent. As the car was built with weight savings in mind, its rear deck, as well as the panels separating the cabin from the trunk are very flimsy and full of holes. Though I love music, here the car comes first.Bwcad1 wrote:Have you thought about other installation idea's? what about IB in the rear deck or diffrent enclosure material's, we have been experimenting with some CF Spherical designs.