Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Circuit City: Closed
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
My parents said they stopped in yesterday, and stuff was only 10-20% off.
Not worth the drive over to it, I might go there in a couple weeks and see if they have anything left at a larger savings.
I did that when Future Shop went out of business 5 or so years ago, went there on the last weekend. Got some altec lansing computer speakers with sub for like $7.
Still have them today, have them hooked to the TV and work great!
Not worth the drive over to it, I might go there in a couple weeks and see if they have anything left at a larger savings.
I did that when Future Shop went out of business 5 or so years ago, went there on the last weekend. Got some altec lansing computer speakers with sub for like $7.
Still have them today, have them hooked to the TV and work great!
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
Yeah, thats what I've been hearing, 10-20% off...Chris from Washington wrote:My parents said they stopped in yesterday, and stuff was only 10-20% off.
Not worth the drive over to it, I might go there in a couple weeks and see if they have anything left at a larger savings.
I did that when Future Shop went out of business 5 or so years ago, went there on the last weekend. Got some altec lansing computer speakers with sub for like $7.
Still have them today, have them hooked to the TV and work great!
My sister has a gift card for like 50 bucks, and hopefully were going up to pick up her new (to her) explorer anways, so were going to stop buy and pick up a couple of games or something.
I dont think I ever bought anything at CC. I still hate to hear about it closing though.
Tim
Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
I noticed this @ Linens & Things. We got a set of sheets their tagged for $129.99. Normal selling price was $79.99
We only paid like $36 for them out the door as it was like 2 days before the store shut down for good.
We only paid like $36 for them out the door as it was like 2 days before the store shut down for good.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
well well, huh aint that something. Times are tight.
Tim
Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
-
smoker
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4126
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: florence, ky
- Contact:
box stores are going to start to fall left and right. so much of their business was based on being able to qualify people for credit that they couldnt afford. but once the company extending the customer credit pays the store then they have their money and now it is up to the credit card company (usually visa) to collect from the stores customer. sounds ok, the credit card company gives your customer credit to purchase things they cant afford to buy with cash, you as the credit provider charge the store qa percentage of the sale as a fee and then you charge the end user interest out the wazoo....but along comes the guvment and puts tighter control on the credit issuers and now your 8 buck an hour wal mart cart pusher job doesnt get you 5k worth of credit at your local box store.....this is actually good for you but now the store is losing sales. since you cant get credit and dont actually have any cash you arent buying. so now what to do with a 100,000 sq ft. store full of electronics goods? cant sell it, the bills due...even the box stores have creditors.....this is the result. i hate to see so many people out of work, i remember when cc came to florence, the store i was working at started to suffer so i went elsewhere and in a year or so they closed the doors. when bb came we lost a total of 3 cincinnati area chains. sight n sound, hemsath sound center and steinbergs.....people have demanded cheap prices and easy credit which has done nothing but drive down wages and close doors to the point that when it happened no one could afford to buy....it sucks, its going to be the 70's all over again