Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Protect your Credit Cards!

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Protect your Credit Cards!

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Welp I guess it must be a genetic thing in my family, but I recently have been a "victim" of fraudulent charges on my Checking account card...

Luckily I spotted the charges early and was able to close the account out before they had a chance to do any more damage...

They could have extracted a good deal away from my Bank Account but only got away with $57.74...

I guess the tip off was when i got a free trial of Hydroderm Anti-Age cream and wrinkle syrum in the mail... It said i was charged $3.95 so i checked my online accounts and voilla! There were tiny little charges made to my card. Also someone signed me up to recieve some sort of "starting your own business" kit in the mail... That was a hint too...

Any way I was lucky... Last year my brother had $2,000 cleaned out of his bank account before he knew about it. And my Grandmother lost $800 off of hers from a fake telemarketer...

It just goes to show you that you really have to be careful about who you give your card out to. One thing is for sure... I will try to use my AMEX card a lot more on the Internet if at all possible... At least its not my Physical banck account.
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Your bank can re-issue the funds to you if you can prove it wasn't you... Start by filing a police report and then you or your bank should be able to trace the funds to there sources and you should be able to find an address of the criminal.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Post Reply