Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Atlas 15s, jbl 1200.1 and an SQL/L box

Post all your general car audio questions here.
J.W.
Senior Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:51 am
Location: Florida

Post by J.W. »

yeah, i knew it was 500 watts. as long as he's careful with the gains and volume control they should be fine. :)
User avatar
lotas
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: WA

Post by lotas »

type-r's should be relatively cheap too. you could probably get them for $200 on ebay for a pair, but I would spend the extra $50 or so and buy them from an authorized dealer...or at least a place more trustworthy.
Mithrandir
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am

Post by Mithrandir »

well I think I have a plan, im gonna sell my jbl 1200.1 for 300 bucks, if this kid buys my 2 infinitys and my amp for 300 that will be 600, then I can get a kicker kx600.1 and 2 atlas 15s and I wont have to spend any extra money. Sound good? Ported doesnt sound bad i guess, but id need like 3 cubic feet per chamber or more to port 2 15 atlas's huh? lol room i dont have.
chinny
Junior Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:54 pm

Post by chinny »

nvmehggr
J.W.
Senior Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:51 am
Location: Florida

Post by J.W. »

i run my single atlas 12 in a 1.5ft^3 sealed enclosure and it's real loud. definitely call ascendant audio and ask to talk to chad b/c he recommended 1.5ft^3 and i didnt see that anywhere on the website. with a sealed enclosure you can run it with the high Qts setting, which sounds like a ported enclosure b/c it adds that extra bump at the low end. i installed a potentiometer in my console so i can adjust the Qts with a dial, but you can just put an extra terminal cup on the box hooked up to the second voice coil so you can easily take the jumper wire off or on to adjust from high Qts to low Qts if you dont want to install potentiometers. good choice; that's gonna sound awesome.
Fishy
Senior Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:29 pm
Location: Tamarac (Ft. Laud), FL

Post by Fishy »

If I was limited on space I'd go ported with one really good 15 instead.

What are you running for front stage Mith? Will it even have chance of keeping up with 2 15's? I'm also curious how those Atlas/Avalanche 15's do when it comes to midbass transition. I'd think you'd need some serious midbass for it to blend well.

-Fishy
Mithrandir
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am

Post by Mithrandir »

eh, midbass will come, my front sucks major balls, i have 2 sony 3.5s lmao, im not really worried about having everything perfect right now, I should be able to buy a set of RE comps by summer and maybe an amp for it. Im pretty sure im just gonna have bass out the ass, if it is too much ill lower the gain or eq on the deck.
Fishy
Senior Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:29 pm
Location: Tamarac (Ft. Laud), FL

Post by Fishy »

lol, ok. Gotta have your priorities.

:)

-Fishy
Mithrandir
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am

Post by Mithrandir »

well if my mom finds a new car shes gonna give me her old one and ill pay her when I can so ill be ripping all the carpet out because its grey (was once blue) ill probably put black in so I can run all my wires, so ill probably do a pot like you did. Hopefully I can stay around 2 cubes per chamber, even though ill have more room once the car is mine, she has some stuff in the trunk.
J.W.
Senior Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:51 am
Location: Florida

Post by J.W. »

ascendant audio is coming out with some comps this summer. gonna have the xbl2 motor, choice of soft or hard dome tweeters, and under $200. i'm all over it :)
Post Reply