Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
That was close
That was close
Since I am getting deployed in a few months I decided to get my car inspected early. So I roll up to the shop, the german guys come out, about run into a wall testing the brakes (didn't expect the throttle to kick in like it did), Climb all over / under my car, check the shocks, tires, exhaust, lights, steering and so on. Needless to say they are pretty damn picky.
So they sign me off, I go to the cop shack, start talking to the guy and he hooks me up on my tags. He predates them to the day my current tags expire, and signs me off for two years, instead of one.
So I go to work with a big smile on my face, cause I won't have to get my car inspected for the rest of the time I am here.
Well today the base news paper comes out with an article with all the new vehicle inspection rules that started this week. Most of them don't really matter to me, but the ones that do...............
1 No window tint on your drivers, passenger, or front window.
Not to bad, but I would have hated pulling off my tint.
2 No lowering.
Hmmmm, I have coil overs, so I could have raised the car back up
some, but its also lowered from factory, so there’s NO WAY I could
get it to the regular accord height.
3 No exhaust thats above 90db.
4 No stereos that can be heard 10 feet outside the car with the windows up.
Yeah thats the one that scares me. 10 feet, come on, most stock
stereos can be heard 10 feet away.
So they sign me off, I go to the cop shack, start talking to the guy and he hooks me up on my tags. He predates them to the day my current tags expire, and signs me off for two years, instead of one.
So I go to work with a big smile on my face, cause I won't have to get my car inspected for the rest of the time I am here.
Well today the base news paper comes out with an article with all the new vehicle inspection rules that started this week. Most of them don't really matter to me, but the ones that do...............
1 No window tint on your drivers, passenger, or front window.
Not to bad, but I would have hated pulling off my tint.
2 No lowering.
Hmmmm, I have coil overs, so I could have raised the car back up
some, but its also lowered from factory, so there’s NO WAY I could
get it to the regular accord height.
3 No exhaust thats above 90db.
4 No stereos that can be heard 10 feet outside the car with the windows up.
Yeah thats the one that scares me. 10 feet, come on, most stock
stereos can be heard 10 feet away.
Heck Most Germans can be heard over 10 feet away from the car (that or I'm just loud)
lol
Yeah I admit that was pretty close... and definately woulda sucked.
Yeah I admit that was pretty close... and definately woulda sucked.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
- GlassWolf
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 6725
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Contact:
the lowering rule isn't for a coilover so much as to prevent the ghetto way of jsut cutting springs and having mad bump steer as a result since you'd throw the geometry totally out of whack. When it's done properly, it's not an issue.
window tint? disable your window motors and leave the glass down. problem solved.
stereo? take off the face plate. tell them to f*ck right off if they comment on the system. To this date there are NO laws against having a loud stereo. Just against how loud it is in certain areas, WHEN in use. That's like citing someone for their thoughts or intentions. Neither can be proven.
window tint? disable your window motors and leave the glass down. problem solved.
stereo? take off the face plate. tell them to f*ck right off if they comment on the system. To this date there are NO laws against having a loud stereo. Just against how loud it is in certain areas, WHEN in use. That's like citing someone for their thoughts or intentions. Neither can be proven.

GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
Where are you deploying to? I was in Giessen. I've got some crazy stories from when I was there during Reforger 1993 I think. Maybe 1992. Man I miss Germany. I think I'm going to take my wife there for a couple weeks when I get back from Afghanistan.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy