Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Sorting the good bad and ugly

Post all your general car audio questions here.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

I havent really been involved with this topic much. Actually none of us Admins have...

But keep it clean. We are letting you guys duke it out and decide on what you want for this list.

Just take heed knowing this will probably end up being in addition to the current list, not a replacement.

There is a real need for generalization IMO, and I believe Chris and Justin agree with me on this. But you guys are welcome to get this list together and we will post it.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Ryan from Ohio wrote:I havent really been involved with this topic much. Actually none of us Admins have...

But keep it clean. We are letting you guys duke it out and decide on what you want for this list.

Just take heed knowing this will probably end up being in addition to the current list, not a replacement.

There is a real need for generalization IMO, and I believe Chris and Justin agree with me on this. But you guys are welcome to get this list together and we will post it.
Yea, by all means keep the full list. I just think it is much easier for n00bs to read this and say, "oooh, these headunits are what I should be looking at" etc so nobody is given too general of information.

I think it lets everyone know that not a single brand is the best at everything. Except maybe Eclipse :bigwink: I have heard rumors that Eclipse's new HU's have started lacking in SQ. I hope it isn't true.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

"I have heard rumors that Eclipse's new HU's have started lacking in SQ."

I will let you know in a week and a half or so. I wouldn't think so. The top end models have the same procesing as last years models, and have added fiber optic inputs for cd changers and such.
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Ok, there are a few brands missing. I'm going to list as many as I believe I missed, and I would like you guys to sort them out.

Lightning Audio
Alphasonik
Crunch
Cerwin Vega
SoundStream
Earthquake
Coustic
Swiss Audio
Fusion Audio
Kole Audio
Performance Teknique
SPL Audio
Tsunami
Volfenhag
Inhuman Audio
Elemental Designs
Onyx Audio
Digital Audio Inc.
Phase Evolution
Illusion Audio
Velodyne
Atomic Loudspeakers
Helix
Logic
Peerless
Brax
Beyma
Art Audio
Genesis
Esoteric Audio
Adcom
HI-VI Research
Seas
Visatron
Max-Fidelity
Aura Sound
LPG
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Ok, since nobody has taken a stab at it yet, here's what I think should go where:

Amplifiers
Highly Recommended:

Good:
SoundStream
Earthquake

Questionable:
Lightning Audio
Alphasonik
Cerwin Vega
Coustic
Tsunami

Avoid:
Crunch
Volfenhag

Main Speakers
Highly Recommended:

Good:
Cerwin Vega
Earthquake

Questionable:

Avoid:
Crunch

Subwoofers
Highly Recommended:
Inhuman Audio

Good:
Cerwin Vega
Earthquake
Onyx Audio

Questionable:
SoundStream
Coustic
Elemental Designs

Avoid:
Lightning Audio
Alphasonik
Crunch
Volfenhag

This is all I got through so far.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
daykareboards
Senior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: Detroit,Mi

Post by daykareboards »

i agree with the lightning audio amp in the questionable section... my bro has one of the bolt series amps and its preforming suprising well. not great output, but it works for coax or even a low power component set.
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

im tellin you Biddy... as i said.. its never ending..
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Scarrell wrote:im tellin you Biddy... as i said.. its never ending..
you best watch out, i'll end it now!!!
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

pssst
your avatar turned into a big cock!

be careful
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Dang, I forgot Concept. I'm glad kevinberry1 posted about their amps.

*updating the main list with my modifications*

Also, where should Elevation Audio go?
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
Post Reply