Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Unwanted Bass Noise

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
dmeyer07
Senior Member
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: ********

Post by dmeyer07 »

As far as a wiring kit goes, Stinger makes some wonderful ones!


http://www.stingerelectronics.com/web/prods/wiring_kits.asp

There's a link for ya of some of the kits they offer.

Also Knukonceptz, and Streetwirez are pretty good.
Minorthreat412
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Belleville, Michigan

Post by Minorthreat412 »

I still havent solved this problem and I just noticed a little bit ago that my subs will sometimes "lose sound" and then come right back on.

I had a problem with my system in a cavalier that just turn off whenever I hit the brakes...I never solved that either.

Well, I'd be glad to hear any input from who ever wants to help.

Thanks Everyone,
Chad
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Post by Livinloud »

Is your power wire ran on the opposite side of car from the RCA's and Remote Wires?

Are you sure your amp isnt turning off when your subs lose sound?

If your amp turns off then that sounds like either your amp is defective or you have a lose ground just as everyone else suggested.
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Post by Livinloud »

Is your power wire ran on the opposite side of car from the RCA's and Remote Wires?

Are you sure your amp isnt turning off when your subs lose sound?

If your amp turns off then that sounds like either your amp is defective or you have a lose ground just as everyone else suggested.

You might have been pinching a wire behind the brake pedal in your cavalier if your subs stopped working when you would push on the brake.
Fishy
Senior Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:29 pm
Location: Tamarac (Ft. Laud), FL

Post by Fishy »

Ya it really sounds like a bad ground.

Oh, and even if an inline groudloop isolator could help I wouldn't spend the money on one unless absolutely necessary. I'm not a big fan of those things. Maybe they make em better now, but the few times I've found need to utilize one I've found the added alternator whine to be more acceptable than the resulting loss of frequency response.

-Fishy
Post Reply