Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Cobalt

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

yes parallel is pos to pos and neg to neg.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
RegetoneCabrone
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:54 pm

Post by RegetoneCabrone »

Well I just wanted to say thanks for all the help and advice, so far I have hooked up only the cobalt 230, and I think it's a cheater amp. For now I am just running my factory speakers in my taurus with the 230 and it's loud!! Amp is 1/4 of the way and blew rear speakers. So when I add my blaupunkt and aftermarket speakers, it should sound good for a daily thumper!! :sm29:
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Uh, blowing speakers is bad... unless... you're trying to :)
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
RegetoneCabrone
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:54 pm

Post by RegetoneCabrone »

No i was just testing the amp, blowing off the dust, been sitting awhile, so i figure if this 2x30=60 watt 2 channel is hitting decently the 2100 would probably be 2x200 maybe?
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

your last post confused me..
Image
- Keith
User avatar
elevation101
Junior Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:00 am

Post by elevation101 »

I had a Cobalt 2100 back in the day running 2 Mmats Pro 12's (back when mmats only had 2 models, the wavedriver and the pro). I was running it at 4 ohm mono which was 400 watts rms. On a Linear-x meter i was hitting a 139.6 which wasnt terrible in 1997. I would use it if its working. If you've got your kids with you most of the time you arent going to want anything crazy anyway.
ELEVATIONAUDIO

Performance. Perfection. Pride.
RegetoneCabrone
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:54 pm

Post by RegetoneCabrone »

Thanks for the info!! :sm29:
Post Reply