Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
what online stores do you buy from?
what online stores do you buy from?
I was looking at buying some amps and a deck online, but some of the sites that I found with lowest prices are sites that I haven't heard of very much. Has anyone ever bought from onlinecarstereo.com or hookedontronics.com? How is the service of Cardomain and Crutchfield? Online car stereo sells JL sudio stuff, but from what I heard, JL doesn't deal with any online stores.
I've had a bad experience with hookedontronics.com The product I recieved was damaged (not shipper's fault) and they never replied to my emails and quite rude customer service representative on the phone. So never ordered from them again.
Cardomain and onlinecarstereo.com are both good websites. But I've heard some trouble with olinecarstereo.com when canadians order (some sort of delay shipping/cealring goods across the border). I've ordered from cardomain before and have had no trouble at all. Nice customer service and easy and no-hassel returns.
Crutchfield has the best customer service, period. Their website is nicely designed and easy to navigate. They also provide free shipping (199 and up) and free wiring harness, brackets, etc. if you're ordering a head unit. Overall, they are the top-ranked online electronics store. No one can touch their customer ratings/reviews. But of course, you pay more. And they do not have some of the lesser known brands that is familiar inside car audiophile communities. Mostly "mainstream" stuff, but not neccessarily all that bad. A good way for newbs to start the car audio hobby.
Cardomain and onlinecarstereo.com are both good websites. But I've heard some trouble with olinecarstereo.com when canadians order (some sort of delay shipping/cealring goods across the border). I've ordered from cardomain before and have had no trouble at all. Nice customer service and easy and no-hassel returns.
Crutchfield has the best customer service, period. Their website is nicely designed and easy to navigate. They also provide free shipping (199 and up) and free wiring harness, brackets, etc. if you're ordering a head unit. Overall, they are the top-ranked online electronics store. No one can touch their customer ratings/reviews. But of course, you pay more. And they do not have some of the lesser known brands that is familiar inside car audiophile communities. Mostly "mainstream" stuff, but not neccessarily all that bad. A good way for newbs to start the car audio hobby.
-
audiofreak12
- Senior Member
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:32 pm
- Location: Missouri
http://www.cbrstereo.com sells alot of different companys including alpine, kenwood, clarion, and JVC. Doesnt Justin sell that stuff now too? I attempted to order a set of ARC audio kar265 speakers...they were always out of stock, and still are. They might have most of that other stuff in stock though so you might check there.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
ARC is like JL Audio.
They cant be sold via the net, and they cant be shipped out of dealer territory.
Try http://www.detroitbass.com
Or tell him what your looking for and he can hook you up.
They cant be sold via the net, and they cant be shipped out of dealer territory.
Try http://www.detroitbass.com
Or tell him what your looking for and he can hook you up.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
I now order everything through Cardomain.com I dont think they can be beat. If you are buying a HU they supply everything for it, like crutchfield. They also have amazing customer service like crutchfield. They also have a pricematch, which is how I got my kicker kx 1200.1 for $440 (authorized with warranty). I think it was $800 normal or something, but I pricematched and they approved it. And their prices are not AS high (i dont believe) as crutchfield.
I would point you in the direction of authorized dealers, warrantys and such.
I bought my JL 300/4 from acaraudio.com (stay farrr away from them btw) and I spent more money on repairing it than i would have if I just bought it from an authorized dealer
(I bought it for $400, spent $135 on repairs...Cartoys had it for $550 or something)
buy authorized...get a warranty.
a warranty is like insurance, you may never need it, but if you ever do, its damn nice to know you have it.
Good i've ordered from:
http://www.cardomain.com
http://www.crutchfield.com
http://www.thezeb.com
bad:
http://www.acaraudio.com
good luck!
I would point you in the direction of authorized dealers, warrantys and such.
I bought my JL 300/4 from acaraudio.com (stay farrr away from them btw) and I spent more money on repairing it than i would have if I just bought it from an authorized dealer
(I bought it for $400, spent $135 on repairs...Cartoys had it for $550 or something)
buy authorized...get a warranty.
a warranty is like insurance, you may never need it, but if you ever do, its damn nice to know you have it.
Good i've ordered from:
http://www.cardomain.com
http://www.crutchfield.com
http://www.thezeb.com
bad:
http://www.acaraudio.com
good luck!
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
-
audiofreak12
- Senior Member
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:32 pm
- Location: Missouri
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
I got two Comp VR 12's from http://www.baystereo.com last year for $180 shipped. They don't have the best selection, but they do have some incredible deals if you keep looking.