Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

JL Audio 12w6v2

Post all your general car audio questions here.
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

JeremyC wrote:1000 for a W6V2 is over double the msrp. I bet the price for the 13W7 somehow ended up on the W6s box (or something of the sort)
Ouch!!!... $1000 has got to be a mistake... did you ask about it or just see the tag on the product?
And it is said that some companies mark stuff up over msrp... one of my competitors out here would do a lot better if he just asked retail... but I'm not complaining :happy055:
And I do have to agree with Bill on this one... Lots of us get killed tryin to compete with an unauthorized web retailer. I here this all the time: "Can you beat the price I found on E-bay?". Don't get me wrong ebay is a great medium, but when it comes right down to it... ebay and other unauthorized web retailers are on thier own existance... I'd rather be personable and offer assistance and service :thumbsup
Not tryin to add to any drama here... just my 2 cents :p
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Guess what happens if JL catches them. No more dealership. I am sure some do it, but by law they can not give you the full JL warranty. They might offer their own warranty, but if their selling JL illeagly who says they will honor it.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

suleman, that 'warranty' is through the store, not JL.
If JL catches them at it, and they often do, JL pulls their license to sell their products.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
suleman36
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:12 am
Location: Maryland

Post by suleman36 »

Yeah your right, but people save hundreds of dollars doing it that way and are covered. I agree that its always the best to go to a dealer who will take care of you after the sale and know the product etc....
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

i dont know about that hunderds of dollars comment. u try getting one of the online dealers to warranty something. u wont have a sub for 3 months if they even warranty it in the first place
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

if you don't have a problem with knwoing that if something's wrong with what you buy may not be fixed or replaced, i see no major issue. specially if there isn't a dealer in your area.i also don't see how it takes money from a dealer in your area or hurts their sales.. if i'im browsing some online site not specifically looking for something and say "hey thats a great deal, i think i'll buy it" i don't se ehow that hurts a dealer considering i never even thought about buyig it until i saw the online deal.


maybe i'm just weird though.
Image
- Keith
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Darthness wrote:if you don't have a problem with knwoing that if something's wrong with what you buy may not be fixed or replaced, i see no major issue. specially if there isn't a dealer in your area.i also don't see how it takes money from a dealer in your area or hurts their sales.. if i'im browsing some online site not specifically looking for something and say "hey thats a great deal, i think i'll buy it" i don't se ehow that hurts a dealer considering i never even thought about buyig it until i saw the online deal.


maybe i'm just weird though.
Bill and I were (or at least I was) reffering to the people that actually know what they want and then go to the local dealer and try to get a better price.
If your just out cruizin the net and find a great deal and aren't worried about warranties, installs, or just general knowledge of the product... I got no problems with you...... But DON'T come to me and ask me to beat an ebay price... that's where I get touchy :argh
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Bwcad1 wrote:drama much? lol. u can get people links all you want. but dont forget there are some of us with buisnesses doing it because we love it not for the money.
Yeah, for double the msrp I would say somebody is a little money hungery!

I'm sorry but sometimes shops can be retarded when it comes to there prices.. I buy online just so I dont have to deal with the retards at my local shop. When I go in asking for a certain item dont try directing me to something better for x2 the money...
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

cargodz wrote:Bill and I were (or at least I was) reffering to the people that actually know what they want and then go to the local dealer and try to get a better price.
If your just out cruizin the net and find a great deal and aren't worried about warranties, installs, or just general knowledge of the product... I got no problems with you...... But DON'T come to me and ask me to beat an ebay price... that's where I get touchy :argh
oh yeah i do agree with you there.
Image
- Keith
Post Reply