Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Bass causing skippage
Bass causing skippage
I installed my hu yesterday (jvc kd-ar7000) and everything is running fine n dandy. but when i turn it up and the 2 12s get goin, the cd starts to skip. Is there something i can do to stop this or does the hu not have good skip protection?
Well first off, as I’m sure you are aware the HU that you installed doesn't have all that great of skip protection, in fact it has no Pre-Skip memory (Reads ahead a # of seconds to prevent skipping during most driving conditions).
Also as stated above make sure your HU is installed securely, and try placing a strip of rubber around the mounting area to mount the HU onto. This should help eliminate your skipping problem.
Also as stated above make sure your HU is installed securely, and try placing a strip of rubber around the mounting area to mount the HU onto. This should help eliminate your skipping problem.
Well I'd just keep it simple and get a strip of rubber to place in between the kit and the vehicle. But something along the lines of a foam gasket, i.e. speaker baffle type material, etc would work.
Also if you are having problems with your rear view mirror vibrating, license plate, etc... The same thing can be done by simply placing rubber between the license plates, and the car.
Just play around a bit and find something that works, but for me rubber was the key.
Hope this helps.
Dave
Also if you are having problems with your rear view mirror vibrating, license plate, etc... The same thing can be done by simply placing rubber between the license plates, and the car.
Just play around a bit and find something that works, but for me rubber was the key.
Hope this helps.
Dave
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
What kind of vehicle?
I have a 97 Century and I couldnt get the radio to lock into its sleeve...
I ended up using the trim ring with the fit kit to achieve the look of mine.
Pics are in the Product Review section
I have a 97 Century and I couldnt get the radio to lock into its sleeve...
I ended up using the trim ring with the fit kit to achieve the look of mine.
Pics are in the Product Review section
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!