Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

what amp should i get

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
nytroking002
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by nytroking002 »

id like the boom but id like for everyone to hear me a far ways
User avatar
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by swimmerdude »

nytroking002 wrote:id like the boom but id like for everyone to hear me a far ways
First thing, saying that is like saying you want your equipment stolen. I know that you want something that is loud and impresses people, right? Well, being heard far away isnt everything. I am sure you know that, but I am still saying it.

Next, is the $400 for just subs and a box?? If it is, i would recommend the subs Justin is selling, the Bravox BVX's. Maybe look into Hifonics sqaure Atlas's, Bill has been raving about them lately, the kicker(L7's) killers. Alpine Type R's or Kicker CVR's will get loud easily. Then, how much are you looking to spend on an amp for these?
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Also what type of car/truck do you have? Do you have room for 15's 12's?? I dunno if you could get the subs Justin is selling because you would also need to add an HO alt, big 3 etc, and looks like you don't have that type of cash for it tho. I would suggest a 15" Type R and a JBL 600.1 put it in a ported box, and you should be heard far away.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
nytroking002
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by nytroking002 »

im not really a person for buying off the internet.
nytroking002
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by nytroking002 »

Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

ick^
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Chris from MI
Senior Member
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:09 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Post by Chris from MI »

nytroking002 wrote:im not really a person for buying off the internet.
If you don't want to go over the internet then I would suggest finding a local car audio shop and look into what they have. Your not going to find the greatest product at the big box stores like Best Try and Circuit Shitty. Just my 2 cents. :thumbsup
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Bwcad1 wrote:ick^

Double Ick... Also by going to an audio shop good luck with pricing i doubt that you will get a great deal... Justin's BVX's are probably some of the best subs out there... Soooo ummm yea just think about that
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
User avatar
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by swimmerdude »

I would not buy from Best Buy or Circuit City unless you bought Alpine Type R's there and put them in your own box. But, they will still cost a lot because you bought them from Best Buy. I would find a local dealer and see what they have. The dealer will have higher end products compared to BB or CC, but, you are still going to be paying a lot for what you get. Justin is a dealer for Bravox so it isnt like you are buying them off of Ebay. I have boughten from him and many other people have and he will not do you wrong. Maybe if you got the BVX's, you run lower power to them or you just run 1 of them until you get enough money do upgrade your electrical system. Think about it man.
ChibiNawfside119
Junior Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:35 am
Location: Houston, TX (Nawfside)

No internet. You must be kidding...

Post by ChibiNawfside119 »

nytroking002 wrote:im not really a person for buying off the internet.
Ha...well you best start being a "internet person" then. Believe me, the internet is your best friend when it comes to buying audio shit for your car. I remember I bought a audiobahn awis12p sub (rated 4000 watts peak/2000 watt RMS but its really more like 3800 watts peak/1800 watt RMS) for about $200. Then I saw the retail price at a store once. I coudlnt belive how much higher it cost in a store...

First off, make sure you ALWAYS look at the RMS ratings and not the peak power. Peak power is pretty much useless. You also have to get familiar with which companies make good products and which companies make bullshit.

Now you say you want to be heard far away huh? I guess you going more for SPL (basically how loud it gets) than that little sound quality shit. Thats cool. Ill see if I can find something in your price range for you...
Post Reply