Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

MTX, Kicker, or Rockford?

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
Minorthreat412
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Belleville, Michigan

MTX, Kicker, or Rockford?

Post by Minorthreat412 »

I'm buying news subs for my MTX 3401(which puts out 200WRMS to each sub) and I'm choosing between MTX, Kicker, and Rockford.

MTX T551044

Kicker Comp VR

Rockford P2 or P3(if i have the money for P3's)

Any advice on choosng?
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

vr hands down the others suck.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

id use the VR or an american bass DX
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

I'm very happy with my Kicker CVR's, they perform great with any type of music.
User avatar
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by swimmerdude »

I vote for the Kickers. I have 2 15" and they are great subs for the money.
kevinberry1
Senior Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by kevinberry1 »

I would recommend the VR's also, but you may want to consider a different amp for them. 200 watts a piece won't get you very much with those subs. I ran two with 300 watts at first, but with 450 watts a piece they sounded great.
User avatar
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by swimmerdude »

With my 15's, i got them from my brother and he only had 200rms going to each and they are rated at 500rms. They were decently loud for the lower amount of watts they were receiving. If your on a budget and cant sell the amp and get a bigger one, it will work for now. But there is plenty of room to make them get louder. I bet with a ported box and that amp, you will be happy with them.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

the vrs for sure.. :happy055:
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tx_vw_bug_man
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:28 am

Post by tx_vw_bug_man »

i cracked the cone on my p3 and i never hit the peak wattage

also broke a cone on a p1

so i would go with the kickers
Minorthreat412
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Belleville, Michigan

Post by Minorthreat412 »

Funny situation. I got the wrong voice coil kickers yesterday. They were dual 4 ohm instead of dual 2. So i went to return them and they didn't have any in stock. So, instead I got the guy to go down about 60 dollars on a pair of 12 inch diamond D1's. Got them for about 130 each after tax and what not. They sounded like crap in this shitty box that I had. I got so mad i just went ahead and put them in my bandpass box. Tuned it. and they sound Fing MARVELOUS!!

Well, I have another question as of right now. These subs are rated 250 WRMS and my amp is rated 200WRMS to each speaker. I was just wondering if it was possible for me to hurt the subs at all. I have them tuned as good as it gets. I'm just a little scared because I can't hear how they sound inside the bandpass box. They never seem to top out, They just get louder and louder.(I would not dare to max these things out.)

I've heard rumors about "if the subs wattage is more than the amp's then you shouldn't be able to damage them"

is this true or not?

Thank you.
Post Reply