Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
MTX, Kicker, or Rockford?
-
Minorthreat412
- Member
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:07 pm
- Location: Belleville, Michigan
MTX, Kicker, or Rockford?
I'm buying news subs for my MTX 3401(which puts out 200WRMS to each sub) and I'm choosing between MTX, Kicker, and Rockford.
MTX T551044
Kicker Comp VR
Rockford P2 or P3(if i have the money for P3's)
Any advice on choosng?
MTX T551044
Kicker Comp VR
Rockford P2 or P3(if i have the money for P3's)
Any advice on choosng?
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
- swimmerdude
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1131
- Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
- Location: Michigan
- Contact:
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
- swimmerdude
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1131
- Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
- Location: Michigan
- Contact:
With my 15's, i got them from my brother and he only had 200rms going to each and they are rated at 500rms. They were decently loud for the lower amount of watts they were receiving. If your on a budget and cant sell the amp and get a bigger one, it will work for now. But there is plenty of room to make them get louder. I bet with a ported box and that amp, you will be happy with them.
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
the vrs for sure.. :happy055:
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-
tx_vw_bug_man
- Member
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:28 am
-
Minorthreat412
- Member
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:07 pm
- Location: Belleville, Michigan
Funny situation. I got the wrong voice coil kickers yesterday. They were dual 4 ohm instead of dual 2. So i went to return them and they didn't have any in stock. So, instead I got the guy to go down about 60 dollars on a pair of 12 inch diamond D1's. Got them for about 130 each after tax and what not. They sounded like crap in this shitty box that I had. I got so mad i just went ahead and put them in my bandpass box. Tuned it. and they sound Fing MARVELOUS!!
Well, I have another question as of right now. These subs are rated 250 WRMS and my amp is rated 200WRMS to each speaker. I was just wondering if it was possible for me to hurt the subs at all. I have them tuned as good as it gets. I'm just a little scared because I can't hear how they sound inside the bandpass box. They never seem to top out, They just get louder and louder.(I would not dare to max these things out.)
I've heard rumors about "if the subs wattage is more than the amp's then you shouldn't be able to damage them"
is this true or not?
Thank you.
Well, I have another question as of right now. These subs are rated 250 WRMS and my amp is rated 200WRMS to each speaker. I was just wondering if it was possible for me to hurt the subs at all. I have them tuned as good as it gets. I'm just a little scared because I can't hear how they sound inside the bandpass box. They never seem to top out, They just get louder and louder.(I would not dare to max these things out.)
I've heard rumors about "if the subs wattage is more than the amp's then you shouldn't be able to damage them"
is this true or not?
Thank you.

