Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

ohm question

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
Steven
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Steven »

Ok, thanks justin, i'll give it a try.
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

Steven wrote:Ok, thanks justin, i'll give it a try.
DUDE! This is how i was telling you to wire them all last nite. JUST DO IT!!!
Steven
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Steven »

I'm working on it, lol.....
Steven
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Steven »

I'm working on it, lol..... One more thing, i have a seald box, you think i should put any dampening in it?
Steven
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Steven »

I wired them up to the 4 ohm load and they don't sound good at all. Lost alot of power:}
Steven
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Steven »

Anyone know if i was to dampen the inside of a sealed box would give me better SQ?
Steven
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Steven »

I ended up wiring them @ 1 ohm. They sound alot better:} Thanks everyone.
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

Better make sure your amp is 1 ohm stable. Otherwise you will run into problems.
Steven
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Steven »

Yeah i know, i'm going to look for an amp that is stable at 1 ohm. I might look for an Orion on ebay.
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

for an Orion on ebay
Or any amp that is 1 ohm stable, cuz I'm sure not all orions are.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
Post Reply