Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Future system

Post all your general car audio questions here.
bigbassman
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: Dawson, WV

Post by bigbassman »

High Society wrote:Thanks I found my system, Ive been looking for awhile, and in less then a day I have all my questions answered. The $69 dollars for the 12" I saw in the prices thread. Will the JBL amp be fine for the 8"s, Ive never thought of 8"s getting so loud. Theres a local dealer here that I can talk to about building the box, how much would that run me? Also, were could I buy the RE's at, straight from there site?
any amp rated 200-600 watts will be plenty for those 8's...

I have 1850 watts on tap for my 18...

Marshall @ visionary is still working on getting his new site up, but you can call him direct (901)574-2119 between 6-10:30 central time Monday - Friday

one of my top dogs, and very good to deal with..

and don't let that dealer jerk you around saying 8's can't play low, or get loud... :)

Loyd L.
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Lol, I wonder what he will say, when I come asking for a box made for four 8"s. Iam sure if he says anything, after he hears it he wont say nething. What about an amp, 4 channel, right? Or will a 2 channel will work?? I herd about there great shipping from visonary too, Iam sure shipping will be a lot tho if i buy 4 tho right?
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

1850 on tap nice by the way :thumbsup
bigbassman
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: Dawson, WV

Post by bigbassman »

High Society wrote:Lol, I wonder what he will say, when I come asking for a box made for four 8"s. Iam sure if he says anything, after he hears it he wont say nething. What about an amp, 4 channel, right? Or will a 2 channel will work?? I herd about there great shipping from visonary too, Iam sure shipping will be a lot tho if i buy 4 tho right?
I suggest a good mono, or 2 channel amp.... 4 channel will be too much hassle to work with on 6 woofers...

basically, I'd look for a 2 channel- 4 ohm mono stable amp, or a 2 ohm stable mono amp.. that would be the easiest way to power them..
High Society wrote:1850 on tap nice by the way
yeah.. it does these quite nicely...

http://www.soundillusions.net/coppermin ... finals.jpg

:)

Loyd L.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Is that duct tape around the subs?
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

:s_thumbup :clap: Damn son, I counted 18 of em??, what does that sound like lol. Thats redick! What is that in anyway?
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Ive just noticed that duct tape.
audiobass10
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Cape Coral, Florida

Post by audiobass10 »

Yea it's duct tape..helps air from leaking between the woofer and the baffle.
bigbassman
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: Dawson, WV

Post by bigbassman »

yes.. that shot was taken at MECA / IASCA World Finals by a photographer for Performance Auto Sound Magazine... the ductape gained me .4 db... lil thing we stumbled onto during a test session back in the spring of 04, and after we posted the results, everyone started doing it..

it was built for Daily use, back in Jan of 04, and results captured here..

http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=45977

14.5 cuft , 170 sq inches of port, tuned to 33hz... its in a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix, 4 door...

after metering the setup, it was way too loud to not compete with, so I did 10 shows or so in 04, became WV State Champion in SPL, and SQ.. and finished with a 2nd place in 2 SPL classes, and 6th in SQ at world finals..

it sounds extremely good, and will literally rip your head off... 151 db @ ear level @ 40hz on the new termlab...

Loyd L.
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

What made you pick them 8's??
Post Reply