Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

2 15" subs decent sq but loud

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
Mithrandir
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am

2 15" subs decent sq but loud

Post by Mithrandir »

I need a recommendation on 15"s I want something on the sound quality line of my infinity reference 12s or better but I want something louder (which is why im going with 2 15s") I need them to be around 600 rms a piece so I can power em with my jbl 1200.1. id like to pay like 200-300 a piece for the subs shipped, no more. Im thinking im gonna go sealed on the box because its easier to build and I guess I like the sound of sealed boxes i dunno lol

Im thinkin maybe 2 RE SE 15s, leathal injection 15s, Arsenal 15's, im sure the sq between them all are very similar and probably on par with infinity references so im lookin for the loudest out of the three or a louder one of another brand.

Thanks guys
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoust ... 5_tempest/

Thats a decent sub. Pretty inexpensive, but should have pretty decent output.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

two better twelves would be louder.
infinity reference subs are weak. really weak.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

or one 1200 watt 15" :) buy daves 18" SX
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
Mithrandir
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am

Post by Mithrandir »

GlassWolf wrote:two better twelves would be louder.
infinity reference subs are weak. really weak.
yeah but its not gonna be that much louder is it, i mean if its double the volume then sure? This is the problem im having, Some songs hit very well but others that dont have much bass dont. Id prefer overkill which is why i was thinking 2 15s, but i wanna be able to cross em at 80-100 hz which probably isnt a good idea. Plus my low low end is lacking, im think around the 35 hz and below, Id rather not get an 18. I listen to rock too and it probably wouldnt play well past 50 hz?
audiobass10
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Cape Coral, Florida

Post by audiobass10 »

Mithrandir wrote:yeah but its not gonna be that much louder is it, i mean if its double the volume then sure? This is the problem im having, Some songs hit very well but others that dont have much bass dont. Id prefer overkill which is why i was thinking 2 15s, but i wanna be able to cross em at 80-100 hz which probably isnt a good idea. Plus my low low end is lacking, im think around the 35 hz and below, Id rather not get an 18. I listen to rock too and it probably wouldnt play well past 50 hz?
Actually, the SX plays the upper frequencies VERY WELL. Much better than it plays low frequencies. The SE has much more low end than the SX..just depends on what you're lookin for.
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

theres a 15" XXX on Ebay right now, and a 12" and some SE's and SX's and RE's...good deals too!! i found a Stroker with a HX2 surround that could be worth checking out. http://cgi.ebay.com/Cerwin-Vega-15-Woof ... dZViewItem
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Well I got a 15 I can sell you :)
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

the sx plays higher cause its based more as spl than sq.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Mithrandir
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am

Post by Mithrandir »

I hesitate to buy anything from ebay though, esp used. I would rather buy new. Ill probably end up going with either leathal injection 15s or arsenal 15s unless anyone can recommend somthing better or if you guys dont think they would suit me well.
Post Reply