Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Comps for truck
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
Comps for truck
Hey guys, I just wondered what your thoughts were on components that would work well in my little regular cab '03 Ranger. I don't know much about components, slopes, etc. I am running stock speakers off my HU with a 12" XXX in a sealed box. I'm looking at a price range of about 100$-400$, amp not included. I've never installed components before, but I have a general idea of what I'm doing. If I didn't cover something, let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Jake
Thanks in advance,
Jake
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
Haha, nice plug :)
I've heard of a lot of different set and companies, I'm just wondering which ones will work well in my truck. I would imagine the drivers probably won't be point straight at me due to lack of room, so off-axis would be important?
Also, what ways can I mount a tweeter without having to cut a hole for it in the door? Would velcro work so I could also move it or is that not a viable option?
Thanks for your thoughts also Justin, I'll keep it in mind :)
I've heard of a lot of different set and companies, I'm just wondering which ones will work well in my truck. I would imagine the drivers probably won't be point straight at me due to lack of room, so off-axis would be important?
Also, what ways can I mount a tweeter without having to cut a hole for it in the door? Would velcro work so I could also move it or is that not a viable option?
Thanks for your thoughts also Justin, I'll keep it in mind :)
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
sure do http://www.bravoxaudio.com some of the best i have come across so far and they all have a 3yr warranty so if you ever have a problem with them which im sure you wont cause i rip on mine with double the power they should have and they still keep on kicking. i also made a set into some home audio boox shelfs and they will play down to like 45hz and do it very well too alot of people think i have a sub with them.
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:

