Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Hello

Stop in and Introduce yourself & post a pic!
naksteve
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:00 pm

Post by naksteve »

Hey, I'm steve, and as soon as I got my license and first car (a hearse) I had to have the best mobile audio available at that time since I spent all my time in my car. Well, that was back in 1980, when switching, oscillating power supplies enabled designers to make 100 RMS= amps from 12V.

So my first system was an ADS Power Plate 100 amp, ADS 300i speakers, and a nakamichi 350 portable taped deck used for high-quality field recordings (i.e, bootlegs!!)

My latest system, after being ripped off in my classic '63 Riviera, is a

Nakamichi CD 700II
Audio alchemy DTI pro32 24bit interpolator/jitter-reducer
a/d/s 642ix/AC-502 constant bass, inverted band-pass processor
Nak EC-304 X-over
All Monster cable Refernce 2 interconnect
JL Audio 500/1 sub amp
(2) Soundstream reference SS-10R subs in an aperiodic/ quasi-infinite-baffle enclosure
(2) a/d/s 300is front speakers
Monster Powerline 2+ sub speaker wire (old school!)
Audio quest CV-4 fullrange speaker wire (Mega bucks!!)
Monster power wire
Gallons of medical-grade silicone and mass dampening materials to seal and minimize unwanted resonances (I'm a medical device engineer so I had access to unwanted silicone adhesives)

Optima yellowtop battery
Ungo box Total security

See? very simple 6 speaker in the right locations with the right staggered crossover points/slpoes/phases negate the need for sonically degrading EQ.

I have incredible imaging up front with vertical height, width and depth. The a/d/s/642ix constant bass processor helps to add the perception of bass coming from front and center (with its unique inverted band-pass for the front speakers)
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

sounds like you know what your doin! you should have made your own thread though!
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

It doesn't matter...fact is, he is a serious sq dude! I can just tell he and I will have lots to talk about. Welcome Steve, I hope our forum can enlighten you as I am sure your insight will enlighten us.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
doblebo
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:46 pm

Post by doblebo »

Looks like my last stop in my search for car audio forum.
Thanks for the warm welcome!!
naksteve
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:00 pm

Post by naksteve »

Thanks for the warm welcome, as well. There are other car stereovideo forums (e.g., The car sound & performance forums) where you are reviewed to see if you can meet their specifications. Sounds like a snooty fraternity.

Here, it seems like there are a a lot of cool people to compare ideas, suggest things that have worked, things that haven't.
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

Welcome to both of you! Glad you found us!

Chris.
Post Reply