Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Problems installing HU?

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
jmjacks
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:11 pm

Post by jmjacks »

Thanks a lot you guys I feel kind of dumb asking these questions but I have never ran into this before & I'm really getting tired of just listening to the engine & wind noise :) .

If I used the test light would I connect the alligator clip to the ground wire or just bare metal?
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

I normally hook mine to bare metal, unless, I KNOW FOR SURE, that I have a good ground.
User avatar
lotas
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: WA

Post by lotas »

Have you been changing the fuses while the car was on or in the run/acc position? I know a guy that couldnt figure out why his HU wouldnt power up, everything was fine, so I told him to check his radio fuse. He did and it was blown, so he told me he replaced it a couple times and it still didn't work. Turns out he replaced it with the car on and it just kept blowing, so he turned the car off, put her in, and she works like a charm.
Post Reply