Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Need help with Alpine HU

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
aggybong
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am

Need help with Alpine HU

Post by aggybong »

I recently added a sub to my setup, and I'm trying to set up the high and low pass filters on the HU to configure the sound. I am probably confused, or doing it wrong, so I figured I'd ask here.

Whenever I set the HPF to 80hz, it affects the sub as well as the main (un-amped) speakers, which results to little to no bass coming from the sub, or anywhere else for that matter. To get around this, I set the EQ settings off so the main 4 sound a little flat, and cranked the max gain on the sub amp up. It sounds decent, but what I would really like is for the HPF filter to work, so all frequencies above 80 play on the main speakers, and everything else on the sub. This would allow me to turn the sub volume lower and use the EQ to tweak the sound.
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

Sounds liek you have the RCA's hooked up wrong. You should have the RCAs on the non-fading output, or sub output, whichever your Hu has. It sounds like you have it hooked up to either the front or rear output.
aggybong
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am

Post by aggybong »

They are on the correct RCAs, because I can control the sub volume directly from the HU.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

make sure subwoofer is "on" in the alpine menu.
set HPF to 125Hz, 12dB Q
set LPF to 60Hz or 80Hz, 18dB Q
see how that sounds
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Post Reply