Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

My DREAM build

Post all your general car audio questions here.
nathansadkins
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:49 pm

My DREAM build

Post by nathansadkins »

I recently purchased a Pioneer MVH-X380BT and installed it in the metra dash kit for my 2003 Honda Accord 4cyl. I am planning to do a full audio overhaul in my car and would love some advice on my plans.

1.)2 Kicker 40CS654 CS65 6.5s (100 watts RMS each)
-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B9H8L4K/re ... dyb9PCZCJA

2.) 2 JBL GTO938 6x9s (150 watts RMS each)
-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003KN2TGM/re ... dybCSQ3250

3.) 2 SoundQubed HDS208-D2 600W RMS 2.5" Coil -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TA2WW3M/re ... dybYK4X02N

4.) 1 Hifonics BRX616.4 Brutus 4-Channel Super Class-A/B Amplifier, 640-Watt (for the front speakers) -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T3VMV2W/re ... dyb5924FYG

5.)1 Hifonics BRX1616.4 Brutus 4-Channel Super Class-A/B Amplifier, 1600-Watt (to power the subs) -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T3VMUW8/re ... dybSDVFEWT

So my question is, is this even possible? Can I get this much power from my car? I obviously will upgrade the wire gauge. I know this might be excessive but audio is a part of my life and I want to be bumpin big time. Any type of advice or comments would help me a lot due to this being my first audio overhaul in my car. I've attached links to each items Amazon page for convenience. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: My DREAM build

Post by Chris from Washington »

nathansadkins wrote:I recently purchased a Pioneer MVH-X380BT and installed it in the metra dash kit for my 2003 Honda Accord 4cyl. I am planning to do a full audio overhaul in my car and would love some advice on my plans.

1.)2 Kicker 40CS654 CS65 6.5s (100 watts RMS each)
-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B9H8L4K/re ... dyb9PCZCJA

2.) 2 JBL GTO938 6x9s (150 watts RMS each)
-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003KN2TGM/re ... dybCSQ3250

3.) 2 SoundQubed HDS208-D2 600W RMS 2.5" Coil -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TA2WW3M/re ... dybYK4X02N

4.) 1 Hifonics BRX616.4 Brutus 4-Channel Super Class-A/B Amplifier, 640-Watt (for the front speakers) -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T3VMV2W/re ... dyb5924FYG

5.)1 Hifonics BRX1616.4 Brutus 4-Channel Super Class-A/B Amplifier, 1600-Watt (to power the subs) -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T3VMUW8/re ... dybSDVFEWT

So my question is, is this even possible? Can I get this much power from my car? I obviously will upgrade the wire gauge. I know this might be excessive but audio is a part of my life and I want to be bumpin big time. Any type of advice or comments would help me a lot due to this being my first audio overhaul in my car. I've attached links to each items Amazon page for convenience. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sounds like it's going to be a nice system.
How much power does your stock alternator put out? For sure do the big 3 upgrade on your wiring.

The amp is a 4 channel amp, looks like you're going to only have 2 subs? How were you planning on wiring those up?

My concern would be the output of your alternator and the power demands of the amps?
You could always look at a class D amp for your subs, more efficient. People say they are not as 'clean' as class A/B for subs I don't think you'll notice any difference in sound quality.

I have a MMATS 1400.1 running off the stock alt on my Camaro and have no issues with lights dimming etc.
nathansadkins
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Re: My DREAM build

Post by nathansadkins »

Chris from Washington wrote:Sounds like it's going to be a nice system.
How much power does your stock alternator put out? For sure do the big 3 upgrade on your wiring.

The amp is a 4 channel amp, looks like you're going to only have 2 subs? How were you planning on wiring those up?

My concern would be the output of your alternator and the power demands of the amps?
You could always look at a class D amp for your subs, more efficient. People say they are not as 'clean' as class A/B for subs I don't think you'll notice any difference in sound quality.

I have a MMATS 1400.1 running off the stock alt on my Camaro and have no issues with lights dimming etc.
Stock alternator puts out 110 amperes. I think the big three will be needed plus maybe wiring up a second battery. I was planning on the 4 channel amp up front and then working a second amp in the back just for the subs

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: My DREAM build

Post by Chris from Washington »

nathansadkins wrote:Stock alternator puts out 110 amperes. I think the big three will be needed plus maybe wiring up a second battery. I was planning on the 4 channel amp up front and then working a second amp in the back just for the subs

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
a second battery is just going to cause more of a load on your charging system. Don't do that, unless you really need more engine off time.

Maybe I missed read the specs on the sub amp you listed, but I thought it said it was a 4 channel too.
nathansadkins
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Re: My DREAM build

Post by nathansadkins »

I must of accidentally listed that instead of the one I wanted.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Post Reply