Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

JBL 1200 with Arc Audio subs

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
whitetrash21
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm

JBL 1200 with Arc Audio subs

Post by whitetrash21 »

I've got a JBL 1200.1 amplifier and two Arc Audio 10" D4's. I've been trying to figure out how to wire these together to keep a 4 ohm load on the subs so I don't pop them. I am far from an audio or electronics expert and I'm still not sure if this will even work.

I was shown this site and some of it makes sense to me, but I'm still not sure how I should wire this setup together. I've got 2 gauge wire to the amp,60 amp inline fuse, 12 gauge to the box.

Any help, especially a drawing of the wiring layout would be appreciated.

thanks
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

loudwagon15s
Senior Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Contact:

Post by loudwagon15s »

first of all, nice equipment, throw those puppies in a nice box and i doubt you will be disappointed. Wire them in series so you get a final load of 4 ohms like this:
Image
whitetrash21
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by whitetrash21 »

Sweet. Thanks to both of you, those drawings I can work with.

One last question... from what I know, this amp is 2 ohm stable @ 1200 watts, 4 ohm stable @ 600 watts. Is it my speaker wiring that determines the load the amp sees??? There is nothing to adjust on the amplifier that will change ohm load ..... I guess is what I'm trying to ask??

Hope I'm asking this in a way that makes sense, like I said I don't know too much about car audio. :p


edit: nevermind, I answered that question by re-reading that site. Thanks again for the help guys, much appreciated.
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Glad you got it figured out, thats some good stuff you got there. Make sure you get those subs in a good box and you'll have a great setup
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
whitetrash21
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by whitetrash21 »

Built the box since I couldn't find any I liked or that fit in my truck like I wanted. 3/4 mdf, insulating foam, ~2.5^3ft...... Been in for about a month now. They sound friggin sweet. Thanks again for the advice guys.
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Glad you enjoy it. Good job on building your own box. That's the way to go.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
Post Reply