Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Noobie Question (what amp)

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
haynes
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am
Location: Sylvania, Ohio

Noobie Question (what amp)

Post by haynes »

Hello and thanks in advance.
I recently picked up 2 incriminator 187 series 15's. The specs say 300 Wrms / 600 peak. I would prefer to run just one amp. What would be a good size amp to run?
Thanks, Tim
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

600 rms amp :) Check out KickerKX600.1-I think they still make em. If you're gonna run sealed, I recommend the JBLbp600.1. You could be able to snag those for cheap. What are the ohms on your subs?
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
haynes
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am
Location: Sylvania, Ohio

Post by haynes »

Hey, thanks. There 6 ohms, Ill add the link to there site still new to car audio
http://www.incriminatoraudio.com/update ... &product=1
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Dual or single?
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
haynes
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am
Location: Sylvania, Ohio

Post by haynes »

im not to sure on that one :confused :
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

On the sub is there one set of terminals or two? Cuz for wiring options you'll want to find an amp that will power those at what ever ohm load you're gonna run. I'd recommend the JL/500.1 I believe that amp puts out 500 watts of power accross 1-4 ohms. So it would work great for the 187's you have. I think there're single VC so you'd want to run them at a 3ohm load if I'm not mistaken.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
haynes
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am
Location: Sylvania, Ohio

Post by haynes »

There are 2 sets of terminals so im guessing dual lol.
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
cmwilson
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:22 am
Location: Norfolk, VA

Post by cmwilson »

Kicker 750.1
Crunch GPV 1000.1
Rd Audio 850.1
Arc Audio 600.1
Phoenix Gold 600.1
Soundstream 700

I would recommend any of these. I would always go with an amp higher than 600 watts b/c I'm sure your subs can handle more than 600 even though they are rated at 300 a piece they prolly can easily handle 350-400.
Post Reply