Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Tires

A Place to Discuss Modifications done to your cars.

Moderators: GlassWolf, William from NOLA

cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Probably worth checkin out Walmart if they're that cheap... And yeah I'm sure the epa thing is in there somewhere (if you even have it for your state)... Ohio's is a buck a tire that goes to the state for pretty much nothin :(
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

cargodz wrote:Probably worth checkin out Walmart if they're that cheap... And yeah I'm sure the epa thing is in there somewhere (if you even have it for your state)... Ohio's is a buck a tire that goes to the state for pretty much nothin :(
I dont know, here you can take the tires pretty much anywhere and get rid of them for 2 bucks a piece...
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

So, the tires are getting delivered today, after ordering on Monday - faster than I ever thought it'd happen. Kudos to tirerack
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Ive always taken my tirerack tires to Wal Mart without a problem.

Between me and the family now 4 sets this way. With Walmart you get FREE rotation on your tires. Its worth it...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

I'll try to take them to walmart tomorrow night then. I don't trust the people that work there, but I guess farm'n'fleet can't be that much better and I've trusted them.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

my dad gives all his tire biz, to wal mart. I know if you buy the tires there they give you the receipt and you can go to a wal mart anywhere and get it replaced if you happen to be out of state when you need it. Don't know if works the same with other stores tires or not though.

The got decent prices on all there tires, and tire services though. I think you will be alright.

Tim
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Tim wrote:my dad gives all his tire biz, to wal mart. I know if you buy the tires there they give you the receipt and you can go to a wal mart anywhere and get it replaced if you happen to be out of state when you need it. Don't know if works the same with other stores tires or not though.
The got decent prices on all there tires, and tire services though. I think you will be alright.
Tim
Their warrenty is like an extra 15 bucks a tire... and its usually a bitch to get them replaced under warrenty, and after so many miles its pro-rated anyways...

The tires I usually buy are about 60 bucks a piece (or the price of the warrenty.) Most flats are from nails/screws and usually patched, which is like a 10 dollar fix. Even if one of the tires need replaced, I still saved 60 bucks by not getting the warrenty (most of the time they screw you anyways) so theres the money for a new tire..

And most of the time I dont keep a car long enough for it to matter anyways.... :happy055:
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

MobileAudio219 wrote: And most of the time I dont keep a car long enough for it to matter anyways.... :happy055:

you make a good point LOL

Tim
samuelclinton
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Tires

Post by samuelclinton »

Minimum tread is 3/32. If you take a penny and insert it into the tread. If you can see the top of Lincoln's head then the tires need to be replaced.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Holy old thread batman!
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Post Reply