Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Whats a good car for car audio
Tonneau covers help mileage on trucks by a fair amount, I like the Pace Edwards models.
Results will vary with the Mustangs, I've gotten 24-25 on extended highway trips (like vacations) with those cars. Depends on the condition of the motor, the tune of it, transmission type, the road you're on, and also driving habits of course, ESPECIALLY if you're going over 60mph. A higher (lower numerically) rear end isn't always better, in the case of the 5.0 the engine is further away from it's powerband with that high gear, plus the fact that the engine struggles more uphills and requires that you put your foot to it a little more to maintain speed. The 3.08s and 3.27s tend to do a little better on mileage actually (average driver taken into account), I've actually seen 5.0s get better mileage by stepping up to a 3.55 or 3.73. 2.73 is just too wussy of a gear, honestly, you'd do good to step up to a 3.73, great balance of power and mileage. With a 3.73 at 60mph, the engine is still only running barely over 2000rpm.
Results will vary with the Mustangs, I've gotten 24-25 on extended highway trips (like vacations) with those cars. Depends on the condition of the motor, the tune of it, transmission type, the road you're on, and also driving habits of course, ESPECIALLY if you're going over 60mph. A higher (lower numerically) rear end isn't always better, in the case of the 5.0 the engine is further away from it's powerband with that high gear, plus the fact that the engine struggles more uphills and requires that you put your foot to it a little more to maintain speed. The 3.08s and 3.27s tend to do a little better on mileage actually (average driver taken into account), I've actually seen 5.0s get better mileage by stepping up to a 3.55 or 3.73. 2.73 is just too wussy of a gear, honestly, you'd do good to step up to a 3.73, great balance of power and mileage. With a 3.73 at 60mph, the engine is still only running barely over 2000rpm.
-
Mithrandir
- Senior Member
- Posts: 799
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am
yeah honda's are very good for gas mileage. Ive gotten 565miles on 1 tank ( i think its 17.1gal tank) Thats in the low 30's I believe.
I also agree with kevin, its a very easy car to work with. Everything just sort of pops-off, and there are some nice safety features with the seats locking and the trunk latch lock. There is also lots of room to work with. Especially behind the HU....Nothing like a BMW or a Chevy trunk...very easy to work with.
decent sized trunk too.
I also agree with kevin, its a very easy car to work with. Everything just sort of pops-off, and there are some nice safety features with the seats locking and the trunk latch lock. There is also lots of room to work with. Especially behind the HU....Nothing like a BMW or a Chevy trunk...very easy to work with.
decent sized trunk too.
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
But what about the sunfire gt?Jonathan wrote:I grew up wishing for Pontiac Trans Ams and GTOs, Sunfires kinda killed Pontiac for me, no offense :)
My uncle had a 81 T/A, awesome car... I wish he still had it, heh, so does he...
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-
Mithrandir
- Senior Member
- Posts: 799
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am
Sunfires are fine if you like them, I just hate driving cars with 4 cylinders, ESPECIALLY four cylinders with automatics (IMO the worst combo out there). They're noisy, anemic, they don't run smooth, the gas mileage is good, but not really that great for the size of the motor and the performance they have (referring to more recent models). Manufacturers are so focused on raising the RPM range to the roof just to make a power number look impressive, and have sacrificed fuel mileage to get it (which is the only way I'd buy a car with an I-4), you're lucky to get low 30s out of the newer Civics, Corollas, and other compacts as opposed to getting near 40 on older models. Even the new Civic Hybrids are only averaging in the 30s.
-
audiobass10
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Why does the box have to stay? You shouldn't port an already sealed enclosure. Chances are it will be undersized. If you wanna go ported, it's best to make a new design. I can't see it being all that hard to get your truck loud. What sub's are you running?taylor17 wrote:Well, the box I already have has to stay... could I maybe port it? Would that help the sound inside? Also, where could I get some of the window cover things?
Don't know if this would be the best/cheapest place to get vent visors,
http://www.svcustoms.com/catalog/Autove ... sors.shtml
but thats what they look like. I have a pair on my Explorer. I always vent my window when I smoke so as not to get the car smelling like an ashtray. Keeps the rain out great even in a substantial downpour.
-Fishy
http://www.svcustoms.com/catalog/Autove ... sors.shtml
but thats what they look like. I have a pair on my Explorer. I always vent my window when I smoke so as not to get the car smelling like an ashtray. Keeps the rain out great even in a substantial downpour.
-Fishy