Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Yay I have Bass again!

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Yay I have Bass again!

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Well thanks to Smoker I have some new Autotek subs running in my truck.
And even though many, including myself, thought that a 2 cuft box would be too big for the application, it sounds great.

Although I will say the extreme low end (under 30hz) is a little weak (Love lockdown - Kanye West doesnt come through as well as I had hoped) however this could be box design or amp and HU settings that I havnt touched yet.

Per Bill's instructions I ditched the DMM settings and did it by ear which was much less frustrating and easier for me anyhow.

All in all they sound great in the downfire and on 800w a piece they sound like monsters! Definitely louder than my Eclipse subs prior to this.

Thanks to all who were involved in the design and purchaseing aspects of this build.

Jason
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Which autoteks did you use? and whats the box spec's?
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Autotek SM12D4

Box specs: Sealed 2.1cuft no divider or bracing (Probably should have braced it though
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Yea those subs have a higher FS than most so your low end is probably lacking
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

yes the low end is. It's not a huge deal since 90% of my music is above 40hz
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

99% of commercial music doesn't drop below 40hz.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Bwcad1 wrote:99% of commercial music doesn't drop below 40hz.
Well I've been known to listen a little outside the box... Everyonce in a while I'll listen to some Bass Mechanic or some other bass test music... Just to get the ears to ring a bit. lol
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

I can picture you driving around listening to a 35-80 hz sine wave... :D
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

There have been times... Mostly when someone around me claims to have a loud system... Although I believe those times are done for me...

Ah it was great when it lasted...
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

LOL i used to love when people told me i didn't have the loudest system they ever heard. there are quite a few people in here who witnessed a bunch of young black kids run like the wind out of my car when i played it. I miss that Buick.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Post Reply