Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Driver's side mid/tweet both gone...
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Driver's side mid/tweet both gone...
I have Alpine 6.5" Type X REF components. I was fairly happy with them. Then the mid on the driver's side would cut out every now and then. I haven't been putting too much power to them and there was no distortion at all. Then the tweet started to sound like it had a constant hissing sound coming out of it. At this point the mid stopped working all together.
Now it's just a quiet little pissst... pissst... from the tweet when music should be coming out. The passenger side is still crystal clear.
Is it the crossover that's done for or the mid and tweet do you think?
Now it's just a quiet little pissst... pissst... from the tweet when music should be coming out. The passenger side is still crystal clear.
Is it the crossover that's done for or the mid and tweet do you think?
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
YOu will need to unhook the mid/tweet and probe them with a DMM.
If they are reading normal (about 3.6 Ohms) Then its the crossover. DO a continuity check on it.
If they are reading normal (about 3.6 Ohms) Then its the crossover. DO a continuity check on it.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
I still, after the many times you all have recomended for me to purchase a DMM... haven't gone and picked one up. I should do that.
But... I think these are still under warranty. I'm sure they have a one year deal. And they were installed by the local Visions retailer. I'm sure I still have two months to go.
I should probably let them open it up and do the investigating. They might tell me to shove the warranty otherwise.
Mabey this is a sign to go bigger and better.
Thanks Ryan.
But... I think these are still under warranty. I'm sure they have a one year deal. And they were installed by the local Visions retailer. I'm sure I still have two months to go.
I should probably let them open it up and do the investigating. They might tell me to shove the warranty otherwise.
Mabey this is a sign to go bigger and better.
Thanks Ryan.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Well if you got warranty use it silly.
Thats the cost of retail.
Thats the cost of retail.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Anyone have anything against the Alpine Pro components?
I'm going to have the shop throw a set in place of the REF's that are in the front doors now. Then put the REF's in the rear doors. I wanted to put 8" midrange/bass in the rear doors. Knowing me, that'll never happen. So I might as well bring the volume up this way.
Retail price is crazy... but I've learned my lesson about warranty now. It works.
So yeah, anything negative about the PRO's come to mind?
I'm going to have the shop throw a set in place of the REF's that are in the front doors now. Then put the REF's in the rear doors. I wanted to put 8" midrange/bass in the rear doors. Knowing me, that'll never happen. So I might as well bring the volume up this way.
Retail price is crazy... but I've learned my lesson about warranty now. It works.
So yeah, anything negative about the PRO's come to mind?
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
I was just searching the forum for info on Splitting RCA's and now I feel a little dumb for wanting to put the components in the rear doors. I just read a load of your posts telling peeps to steer clear of this.(Putting speakers in different areas/directions) I know to stay clear of it for SQ issues and cancellation and such... but... man I have a guilty feeling in the pit of my stomach for wanting to try this now.
