Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Old School Sub Box...

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
Purple RS
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA
Contact:

Old School Sub Box...

Post by Purple RS »

A friend of mine is rebuilding his daily driver pickup truck and has just installed this sub enclosure. He thought it to be an interesting design (as do I) made by Polk Audio. He says it's been through a few amplifiers, two trucks and a flood. I don't know any specs, but I thought I'd try to find some info on it and here seemed to be the most likely place. He says the drivers are 4 6X9 speakers.

Image

It mounts nicely to the back of the cab along with the amp..

Image
colemanyoungerinalaska
Senior Member
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:26 am
Location: alaska

Post by colemanyoungerinalaska »

a buddy of mine has one of those but it has a plexiglass window
it actually sounds pretty good too
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Looks like its missing a cover.

Isobarik 4th order bandpass.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Yup 4th order iso
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
loudwagon15s
Senior Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Contact:

Post by loudwagon15s »

i'm really curious how this would sound or how loud it would get?
Purple RS
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA
Contact:

Post by Purple RS »

Ryan from Ohio wrote:Looks like its missing a cover.
Isobarik 4th order bandpass.
I'm sure he's got the cover, just removed it to show construction.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

loudwagon15s wrote:i'm really curious how this would sound or how loud it would get?
Its probably as loud as a normal ported box. the chambers are not the correct proportions to increase the efficency.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

loudwagon15s wrote:i'm really curious how this would sound or how loud it would get?
From all my readings, running iso wont yield you and more volume. It just allows you to run more speakers and cut the box volume in half.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

After a being in a flood and from the conditions of the looks of the 6x9"s I'd think it's be lucky to even work :p
It is a nice lil space saving design though.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

Ryan from Ohio wrote:From all my readings, running iso wont yield you and more volume. It just allows you to run more speakers and cut the box volume in half.

That was the cool thing about isobaric. But it never really took off. Back in the 90's I always wanted to experiment with the iso design and never did.

the best I remeber polk or infinity did a iso box that held 2 10's I beleive. One inside the box and one on the outside mounted face to face. I liked the thoughts behind the concept, that was about it though.

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Post Reply