Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Misaligned VC Question

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Misaligned VC Question

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Ok some of you might remember a while back I traded a Alpine type R 1242D for a Soundstream T4-10 and it had a Misaligned VC..

I was thinking about something.. obviously its rubbing against the vc when it hits... But i was reading about someone who actually just let it rub for a while and it just wore it down till it didnt rub any more...

Since its basically a free sub any suggestions on this?

I was thinking about putting it in my Camry as a temporary sound solution
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

bad idea. rubbing vc's could rub away obviously but your rubbing away the epoxy that holds the coil together and if you rub through one layer of coil the coil is shot. it could also cause enough heat to catch the epoxy on fire. is it a 2 inch or 3 inch VC? got any pics? i maybe able to rebuild it for pretty cheap depending on the size.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

I gotta go with Bill on this one as it's waaaay to risky, you're not just talking about possibly messing up a free sub, but risking to much in your car as an extreme case... simplest would be it taking a perfectly good amp with it.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

3" VC "Hybrid"

I think after the holidays Bill i might send it out to ya I don't have a pic of it on me but I can take one later.
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

i did some checking i can probably rebuild this without a problem.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

how much u thinking? I can probably swing it after Christmas
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Depends on the parts you want 750-2000 wrms. Spider configuration whether or not it requires spacers. typical rebuild is gonna be 100 or so.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Alright well It would be up to you on what you would like to do with it, but really I just want it to stop sounding like crap, thats all. Unless you don't think its worth it and I should just go out and buy something else... Maybe I should save up and buy a Bill Wolf sub instead, then

I'll be riding dirty lol
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Well if he rebuilds it, then you'll have a custom one off Wolfpack Sub.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Post Reply