Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

FYI on security code

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
71buickfreak
Senior Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:35 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

FYI on security code

Post by 71buickfreak »

I know this thread was closed, but I want to clarify something. While I agree some people do fraudelent things, I did some checking on this guy (since I can help) and I found his auction where he bought the radio from an ebay seller who has a 100% positive feedback rating. This probably means it is not stolen, its pretty easy to set a sec. code on kenwood and not realize you did it. So, don't burn this guy down because other people suck. this guy purchased the unit in good faith on ebay.

here is the link where he purchased it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 46406&rd=1
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

I closed the thread so it did not go any further.

In the end the guy needs to get the correct code from the seller.

There is an alternative method I have heard of but wont comment publicly.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
71buickfreak
Senior Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:35 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by 71buickfreak »

I know, I know the bypass, and I would never disclose it on a forum, that would be irresponsible and defeat the purpose! I just wanted everyone to know, so they wouldn't think this guy is a thief. I can't tell you how many times I have had a customer come in because they locked up their own radio and didn't realize it. its pretty easy to turn it on.
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

nvm
dmeyer07
Senior Member
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: ********

Post by dmeyer07 »

71buickfreak wrote:I know, I know the bypass, and I would never disclose it on a forum, that would be irresponsible and defeat the purpose! I just wanted everyone to know, so they wouldn't think this guy is a thief. I can't tell you how many times I have had a customer come in because they locked up their own radio and didn't realize it. its pretty easy to turn it on.

Does Alpine CDA 9851 have sec. code?
dmeyer07
Senior Member
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: ********

Post by dmeyer07 »

71buickfreak wrote:I know, I know the bypass, and I would never disclose it on a forum, that would be irresponsible and defeat the purpose! I just wanted everyone to know, so they wouldn't think this guy is a thief. I can't tell you how many times I have had a customer come in because they locked up their own radio and didn't realize it. its pretty easy to turn it on.
Does Alpine CDA 9851 have sec. code?
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

wow a double post on a resurected topic....word :surprised
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
dmeyer07
Senior Member
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: ********

Post by dmeyer07 »

Basstronics wrote:wow a double post on a resurected topic....word :surprised

Sorry it was an accident, the page didnt' load right so i just reclicked post and it came up twice...
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

I believe Alpine still uses removable faceplates instead of security codes exclusively.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
dmeyer07
Senior Member
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: ********

Post by dmeyer07 »

oh, ok.
thanks kiki
Post Reply