Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
2005 Kicker CompVRs
-
Harrison486
- Junior Member
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:41 am
Although I don't have my installed yet... Mine is already installed into a 1.25 in^3 sealed box. I know it is probably not the idealistic box, but we will see how it sounds.. Hopefullly, when I get some more moeny, I can get seomeone to build me a decent ported box..
OT: I sent a quote to your website sprkman, but I got no reply
OT: I sent a quote to your website sprkman, but I got no reply
actually, sealed wise.. thats a pretty good size.Harrison486 wrote:Although I don't have my installed yet... Mine is already installed into a 1.25 in^3 sealed box. I know it is probably not the idealistic box, but we will see how it sounds.. Hopefullly, when I get some more moeny, I can get seomeone to build me a decent ported box..
OT: I sent a quote to your website sprkman, but I got no reply
Really? I had some script issues a few weeks ago, everything is kosher now. If you could resend that would be great :)
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Do you think it would be louder than my 2 12's in their current sealed box?spkrman wrote:yea, they dont like less than 2 cubes and must be tuned very low to sound decent.
They just aren't much of an SQ sub IMO, but they do get loud.
I'd suggest doing one 12 in a good ported box... you'll gain all around :)
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Now you have me thinking of a way to build a new slot-ported box. I did some quick calculations and I could easily build one that is 1.9 cubic ft per side including driver displacement and baffle. I will have to explore further how to get an additional .2 or .3 cubic feet per side to get to at least 2.0 cubic feet and account for bracing. Hmm........
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
too small for ported anyway...William from NOLA wrote:3 cubes and under is really too small for a slot port box. You end up using so much space for the port, that you lose a good bit of volume. I would just use a square/rectangular or round.
they will hate that box :)
+... you go too big you choke air into the cabin and then thats that.
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
I have been using the tech manual on Kicker's website and they do recommend at least 1.75 cubic feet plus the port area for one 12" comp vr. They also do not recommend using round or rectangular ports (not sure why).William from NOLA wrote:3 cubes and under is really too small for a slot port box. You end up using so much space for the port, that you lose a good bit of volume. I would just use a square/rectangular or round.
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact: