Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
KOVER420
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:35 pm

Post by KOVER420 »

its a panasonic not sure what model I could look if you want me too but right off hand I dont know...
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

Ok...switch the 2 wires. The one w/ the white stripe should be the remote turn on lead and the one thats solid blue should be for the antenna. It shouldnt really matter since i kno of some ppl who use the power antenna as their remote turn on...but switch them and see what happens?

TEDD
KOVER420
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:35 pm

Post by KOVER420 »

I pretty sure I already tried that and it didnt work.....Im gonna try again in tomorrow and Ill let you know what happens.......Odds are it wont work cuz thats my luck but well find out....If you know any other problems that could be causin it just leave it here and Ill check back tomorrow....
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

get us some pics?
KOVER420
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:35 pm

Post by KOVER420 »

I actually dont have a digital camera or I would......I guess Im gonna waiste another day tryin to figure out what the hells wrong if you guys think of anything just leave it here and Ill check up from time to time
Jszar
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Quantico, VA

Post by Jszar »

i had the same problem with my first deck. the power lead seemed to turn on an off on me for some reason. make sure you check all your major ground point to make sure nothing is loose. i cant remember what i did, but i remember it just started working, and i never had another problem.

btw, the Remote lead should be labeled.
KOVER420
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:35 pm

Post by KOVER420 »

Okay Im gonna sand down a new grounding spot and make the grounding better just to be sure, I have a paper that came with the head unit that says the blue/striped wire is the amp remote wire, so I switched that....Im gonna hook the amp back up and see how it goes..
KOVER420
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:35 pm

Post by KOVER420 »

ok now everythings hooked up again.....still have that problem tho....I plugged the antenna into the head unit so the radio would work and I turned it on, it didnt shut the amp off, but it also wouldnt come through the subs......I have no idea HHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP im so damn aggravated...
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

I kno this might be a silly question...but do you have your RCA's hooked up from the Head Unit to the Amp?

TEDD
KOVER420
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:35 pm

Post by KOVER420 »

yah I do....to be honest with ya I dont think I have any of the wiring wrong.....The way it is seems right and when I switch the wires the amp doesnt come on at all......ready to go crazy on this shit.....
Post Reply