On my way to work yesterday - my Pioneer DEH-P47DH head unit just quit working - and then it started beepiing and blinking at me- on the order of a 3 second cycle- pushing the off (source) had no effect. This unit is only a year and a half old and was installed professionaly- I cannot believe it has failed already. It is powered from the battery. The rear is going through a sony amp to one 10" sub (don't ask - I have a Fiero - That's all I had room for). Anyone that can help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
emforce
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Failure of head unit??? help
- GlassWolf
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 6725
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Contact:
Best bet would be to have the shop where it was installed take a look at it.
Fieros are great little project cars, though.
I set up a Fiero GT (86) for a friend once, with four sealed 8" subs (two behind each seat, boxes came up to about low-back area. plenty of room left above them for storage) with Infinity kappa 4x6 rears and Boston Acoustic Pro series 5.25" separates up front in the stock dash location.
That was run with an older Crutchfield (read: PPI) 4 channel amplifier, and an Orion 280GX on the subs, with an Alpine CDA-7903 head unit and Sony XE90mkII EQ.
It was a gorgeous little setup for such a small car.. That thing was fun to run around in with the owner who drove it daily to work as an ATC at the helipad at the pentagon (pre 9/11)
I'd love to get an older GT and stretch it a bit to drop a Diablo body-kit on it. They're great cars for kits, too. readily accepting a getrag manual transmission and a CSB V-8
Fieros are great little project cars, though.
I set up a Fiero GT (86) for a friend once, with four sealed 8" subs (two behind each seat, boxes came up to about low-back area. plenty of room left above them for storage) with Infinity kappa 4x6 rears and Boston Acoustic Pro series 5.25" separates up front in the stock dash location.
That was run with an older Crutchfield (read: PPI) 4 channel amplifier, and an Orion 280GX on the subs, with an Alpine CDA-7903 head unit and Sony XE90mkII EQ.
It was a gorgeous little setup for such a small car.. That thing was fun to run around in with the owner who drove it daily to work as an ATC at the helipad at the pentagon (pre 9/11)
I'd love to get an older GT and stretch it a bit to drop a Diablo body-kit on it. They're great cars for kits, too. readily accepting a getrag manual transmission and a CSB V-8

GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Yeah , mine is a formula (88 Only), It is a fun car. They can also put in a Cadillac Northstar engine. I guess I will take the car back to Ultimate Electonics and have them take a look at - but was hoping it was something that someone else had been through and was a Dohh! fix. Sounds like you had quite a set-up on yours. I just have one 10" sub in where the consul door used to be.
Regards,
Shawn
Regards,
Shawn