Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
great! now my headunit is broken!
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
-
brisgreat1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
- Location: philly, pa
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
-
scotts1000rr
- Senior Member
- Posts: 381
- Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:09 am
- Location: wheeling,wv
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Ok...
I didnt read the manual, but after reading what Ive seen here I figured I should check it out.
My unit is a refurb, but I would assume it was shipped from the factory just like a retail unit. With that being said, it should be in STD mode.
I am able to auto EQ and Auto TA, so your assumption you can not do this while in NW is invalid.
NW mode is for when you have a sub, mid and tweet all hooked up to an amp with no crossover, using the HU to do these duties. To TA and EQ them.
If thats not your situation, stick with STD mode.
Now about your ground.
If the ground wasnt hooked up its impossible for the head unit to function period. Simply because power flows from the negative to the positive. In other words it flows through the cars chassis/ground, into your radio then back via the red 12V acc and yellow constant wires.
These are the facts.
Now it may be possible your ground wire is unhooked yet came into contact with some metal allowing operation.
At any rate stop the ghetto wiring. Do it right, the 880 deserves it!
I didnt read the manual, but after reading what Ive seen here I figured I should check it out.
My unit is a refurb, but I would assume it was shipped from the factory just like a retail unit. With that being said, it should be in STD mode.
I am able to auto EQ and Auto TA, so your assumption you can not do this while in NW is invalid.
NW mode is for when you have a sub, mid and tweet all hooked up to an amp with no crossover, using the HU to do these duties. To TA and EQ them.
If thats not your situation, stick with STD mode.
Now about your ground.
If the ground wasnt hooked up its impossible for the head unit to function period. Simply because power flows from the negative to the positive. In other words it flows through the cars chassis/ground, into your radio then back via the red 12V acc and yellow constant wires.
These are the facts.
Now it may be possible your ground wire is unhooked yet came into contact with some metal allowing operation.
At any rate stop the ghetto wiring. Do it right, the 880 deserves it!
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
brisgreat1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
- Location: philly, pa
I think it's the ACC wire as captainpioneer suggested, im gonna try that first thing sunday since i work all day saturday. I have three dash ACC capabilities: defrost, a/c, and circular air flow or something. anyways i never use the air flow thing so im just gonna splice into that for the ACC. does it matter if i use a different gauge to splice into the acc?
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
-
brisgreat1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
- Location: philly, pa
Ok so I spliced my ACC wire into an ACC wire and still got no power to my head unit, and yes I did remember to plug in antenna. anyways i dont know where to go from here: should i try grounding the actual head unit? i really am lost.. the air circulation thingy is posted below and the wires that are 're-wired' are the wires i tried splicing into that didnt work for an acc connection.
[ATTACH]998[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]999[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]998[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]999[/ATTACH]
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
check the grounds... and maybe that accessory wire for the circulation thing isnt going to work... u could do it into ur Windshield wipers fuse... but im stumped... oh did u splice before or after the wiring harness... like from the HU or after the HU's wiring harness meets the factory wiring?
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura