Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 15 matches

by KOVER420
Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:42 am
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

Could it be that I dont have a strong enough fuse somewhere? on the fuse tap I put a ten amp fuse in I would think that thats enough......
by KOVER420
Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:21 am
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

yah I do....to be honest with ya I dont think I have any of the wiring wrong.....The way it is seems right and when I switch the wires the amp doesnt come on at all......ready to go crazy on this shit.....
by KOVER420
Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:33 am
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

ok now everythings hooked up again.....still have that problem tho....I plugged the antenna into the head unit so the radio would work and I turned it on, it didnt shut the amp off, but it also wouldnt come through the subs......I have no idea HHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP im so damn aggravated...
by KOVER420
Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:59 am
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

Okay Im gonna sand down a new grounding spot and make the grounding better just to be sure, I have a paper that came with the head unit that says the blue/striped wire is the amp remote wire, so I switched that....Im gonna hook the amp back up and see how it goes..
by KOVER420
Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:07 am
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

I actually dont have a digital camera or I would......I guess Im gonna waiste another day tryin to figure out what the hells wrong if you guys think of anything just leave it here and Ill check up from time to time
by KOVER420
Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:30 pm
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

I pretty sure I already tried that and it didnt work.....Im gonna try again in tomorrow and Ill let you know what happens.......Odds are it wont work cuz thats my luck but well find out....If you know any other problems that could be causin it just leave it here and Ill check back tomorrow....
by KOVER420
Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:10 pm
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

its a panasonic not sure what model I could look if you want me too but right off hand I dont know...
by KOVER420
Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:05 pm
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

Okay Ill try to make this as clear as I can, and understandable... From the head unit there is a solid blue wire, and a blue wire with a white stripe....Im connecting the solid blue to the remote wire that goes to the amp, and the blue/stripe with the blue/stripe from the wiring harness... Im pretty...
by KOVER420
Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:49 pm
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

I cant figure it out the only way the green light on the amp will even come on is the way I got it now....(blue on blue) (blue/white stripe on blue/white stripe)......everything else is where its supposed to be Ive already gone over it.....any other suggestions?
by KOVER420
Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:48 pm
Forum: Head Units
Topic: Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Replies: 35
Views: 13098

yeah there labeled.....but isnt it blue stripe/blue to blue stripe/blue??? and solid blue to solid blue?

Im pretty sure its all wired correctly, could the ground wire have somethin to do with it????

But not a factory head unit I bought a different one