Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 17 matches

by geoffwhite18
Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:24 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Oops
Replies: 1
Views: 1947

Oops

So I was bumpen away and all of a sudden I smell that dredded burning speaker smell. Hmm... So I turned it down and when I got home opened up the trunk and sure enough. I turned my speakers into 1200 watt heaters and they didn't like it! LOL!! I guess it's time to upgrade from the lightening audio c...
by geoffwhite18
Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:51 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Subs not hitting in sync.
Replies: 24
Views: 9331

One of the speakers might be letting go. you'd know if they were out of phase from eachother.
by geoffwhite18
Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:07 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Some Box Designs
Replies: 13
Views: 5637

I don't have the subs yet but I was looking at some w7s. Why would you use an aeroport instead of a slot port?
by geoffwhite18
Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:59 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Budget Sub and Amp for me brothers honda civic
Replies: 13
Views: 5228

I got some Lightning audio subs from walmart and they are pretty dang good for being as cheap as they are. Fosgate makes them!
by geoffwhite18
Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:39 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Some Box Designs
Replies: 13
Views: 5637

Is there a formula or anything to figure out how long to make a port to get the correct frequency out of it? Also when calculating box volume I suppose you don't include the port area correct?
by geoffwhite18
Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:21 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Some Box Designs
Replies: 13
Views: 5637

Some Box Designs

These are a few designs I've been playing with. I'm putting these up here to get some feedback. I've searched and haven't been able to find any good threds on box designs. These boxes are all designed for 12" subs, but I'm sure they would work well with just about anything. http://geoffwhite18....
by geoffwhite18
Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:18 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Got my car back :D
Replies: 5
Views: 2743

I guess everything will pretty much just swap over? I hate installing things more than once. It's hard on stuff!
by geoffwhite18
Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:17 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Tinkering
Replies: 8
Views: 3780

The subs are wired the same. I think it's a difference in the circuit board and it's components.
by geoffwhite18
Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:40 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Tinkering
Replies: 8
Views: 3780

The internal circuit boards are different, and one has phillips clamp things for the power and speaker hookups where the other one has the allen screw down thingys which are much better I feel!
by geoffwhite18
Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:14 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Tinkering
Replies: 8
Views: 3780

They are wired the same. It's just the two amps. they are the same model number with the same specs, but one is a little different than the other.