Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 34 matches

by crzystng
Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:39 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: eq/speakers probs
Replies: 12
Views: 5172

Well I have some good news to report. As odd as this sounds I didnt touch anything inside the vehicle relating to the stereo. (jsut the gear selector, accelerator and brake occasionally :lol ) and umm well, I can't for the life of me recreate what was happening yesterday and during the first little ...
by crzystng
Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:33 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: eq/speakers probs
Replies: 12
Views: 5172

No I knew what you were talking about the second time. I was asking if you turned the gain downon your mid, or high and see how it is. If one or the other is turned to hi it could cause a peak where the two overlap. (btw the gains on the amps are set to the far left which is 4V) the eq has two outp...
by crzystng
Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:00 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: eq/speakers probs
Replies: 12
Views: 5172

Here is the whole picture for those intrested.

Image
by crzystng
Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:51 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: eq/speakers probs
Replies: 12
Views: 5172

Sounds like the x over poing between your mid and high might be a little off. Did you try turning one or the other down a tad and see where that got you. Again man. not really cause I think you are thinking that I am running active on my front stage. not the case, I am biamping the PASSIVE xovers. ...
by crzystng
Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:06 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: eq/speakers probs
Replies: 12
Views: 5172

not really cause I think you are thinking that I am running active on my front stage. not the case, I am biamping the passive xovers. The first pass I did with the rta did NOT include my sub ;) , besides it is below 80hz anyways. the problem line that i am refering to is more in the 2.5-5K range cau...
by crzystng
Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:42 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: eq/speakers probs
Replies: 12
Views: 5172

eq/speakers probs

well I have run into some problems now. I have no clue what is going on and have never heard this type of sound before in any of my systems. it is almost like the mr/tw are being zapped at mod to high volumes, on certain songs. Well some songs sound fine at high volumes and others it sounds almost l...
by crzystng
Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:07 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: serious mid bass suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 5835

Mithrandir wrote:why not a koda 8?
because adire isnt making them anymore. and their changes to their product lines has driven one coustomer away. they went in a direction with those infoumas names they shouldnt have. a shiva is a 12" dual 8 ohm shiva damnit!! oh well. not my call.
by crzystng
Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:15 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: serious mid bass suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 5835

I really really really love my 3 way diamond hex comp set. The 6 1/2 can handle some power and actually puts out the bass. Without subs they still sound impressive. I got em crossed at 80 with my sub meeting it there, and the transition is seemless. *I will learn to read everything carefully* If yo...
by crzystng
Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:10 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: serious mid bass suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 5835

you might be able to also make an RE sub fit into your door with out too much major work, well it would be alot easier than a soundsplinter 8" funny you said that one as that is what I am now leaning towards. jsut not exactly sure about their rated 81 db efficency. seems awfully low.as for fit...
by crzystng
Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:46 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: serious mid bass suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 5835

you could get custom cross overs made and reduce the dbs i think and probaly run all 3 of sets of speakers. dont take this the wrong way but I think you forgot the whole pourpose of my wanting to increase the efficency of that range!! LOL the 6.5 have to go, they dont reproduce enough to fit in wit...