Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 35 matches

by Kid Red
Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:35 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: multi-channel amp gain question
Replies: 8
Views: 3509

Ah, so the bridging does affect it, cool. Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for, thanks for explaining it :)
by Kid Red
Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:00 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: multi-channel amp gain question
Replies: 8
Views: 3509

Ah, yea, I've read the digital meter, didn't know the DMM acronym. SO I don't need a LOC. I running stock HU because it's a Mazda and you can't replace the radio, buttons everywhere, etc plus I want the stock look (especially for resale value) So then, do the meter method the same for each gain, cor...
by Kid Red
Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:42 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: multi-channel amp gain question
Replies: 8
Views: 3509

K, not sure what the DMM method is, can you clarify that? By level match what do you mean? Do you mean a line level adapter? I have the HU running speaker level into the Alpine (was told the Alpine is clean enough that i would be fine that way) Should I add a LOC? Or something else?
by Kid Red
Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:30 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: multi-channel amp gain question
Replies: 8
Views: 3509

My Alpine has two gains, one for channels 1 &2, (fronts) and then one for channels 3&4 which I have bridged to my sub. So, I figured if both gains were set to the same settings, wouldn't that mirror the sound better as opposed to going too light on the sub (3&4 channels) or going too hig...
by Kid Red
Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:45 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: multi-channel amp gain question
Replies: 8
Views: 3509

multi-channel amp gain question

I've read how to set the gain, so I'm cool on that. As I understand it, you want the amp to match the voltage (or something) from the HU. However, what about multichannel amps with 2 gains? I always adjusted each per listening and preference. But if you are trying to match the HU, would it not make ...
by Kid Red
Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:29 am
Forum: Speaker Help
Topic: Sub choices-seeking opinions
Replies: 34
Views: 10744

K, I can get the ARC for $160 shipped from Arc. Elevation is $99 + shipping Do that or hold out for an Assassin for $70+ shipping (assuming new line is same price)? The FD would be $130.

Figure shipping might be $20, so the ARC would be $40 more? I think I may be leaning that way.
by Kid Red
Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:30 pm
Forum: Speaker Help
Topic: Sub choices-seeking opinions
Replies: 34
Views: 10744

Thanks for clarifying that. The website doesn't show much on the FD, but the KAR needs 1 cu ft so I assume the same for the FD. There's no notches on the Elevation cone? Then the pic is reflecting something that just looks strange. I couldn't find any more pics of it yet, but it needs a 1 cu ft encl...
by Kid Red
Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:14 pm
Forum: Speaker Help
Topic: Sub choices-seeking opinions
Replies: 34
Views: 10744

I've been to the elevation website, see the top pic? It looks like there are four opposing notches N, E, S & W on the cone. Also, just noticed it needs a 1. cu ft enclosure, I'd like to be under 1 cu ft if possible. So then it's the Assassin, (which is better, FD or KAR?) then Elevation. I just ...
by Kid Red
Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:52 pm
Forum: Speaker Help
Topic: Sub choices-seeking opinions
Replies: 34
Views: 10744

Dude, you rock. That was exactly the type of response I was hoping for and I appreciate the time you spent coming to your conclusion. I wasn't sure about the MA being a D4 only, so I included it just in case. So Arc, Elevation then AA in order of preference, then apply my budget and looks. What pric...
by Kid Red
Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:25 pm
Forum: Speaker Help
Topic: Sub choices-seeking opinions
Replies: 34
Views: 10744

Ok, I've researched a ton of names I've never heard of, all from the highly recommended listing. I'd like to know what the best choice is for SQ and low bass. Not really concerned with SPL, but I want to be able to hear it, feel it and enjoy it :) My tentative ranking based on what I can find, price...