Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 8 matches

by CleverCynic
Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:16 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Sorting the good bad and ugly
Replies: 359
Views: 101885

Stinger makes wiring and accessories as well.... I've tried to stick with them for everything after getting a dist block and a LED battery terminal from them. I'm not sure where you'd rate them, they're not cheap, they do what they're supposed to and they LOOK cool as hell...
by CleverCynic
Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:19 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Sorting the good bad and ugly
Replies: 359
Views: 101885

That sounds great to me! 2005+ on good! I'd feel a whole lot better anyway lol...
by CleverCynic
Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:52 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Sorting the good bad and ugly
Replies: 359
Views: 101885

Can anyone confirm that $240 shipped was a good deal for a 12" SX? I've never really known for sure.

Also, if you don't mind explaining stamped verses spoked that would be great! Always trying to learn...
by CleverCynic
Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:13 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Sorting the good bad and ugly
Replies: 359
Views: 101885

oh yeah, but I hear they're gonna be like a grand... right now I've only got about $750 in all my current subs put together! (course it'll probably be louder than all of them too)
by CleverCynic
Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:02 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Sorting the good bad and ugly
Replies: 359
Views: 101885

compare

When I first got the SX, I strongly considered just taking out my alpines altogether. The alpines are awesome, don't get me wrong, it's just the RE subs are something magical and the SQ from it isn't lacking at all. In fact RE calls the two setups SQ and SQL instead of SPL. Now I know why. They are ...
by CleverCynic
Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:55 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Sorting the good bad and ugly
Replies: 359
Views: 101885

alt's

They are both Delco 200amp alternators. They're not really expensive cold rated ones though, gotta have a load on them to get that high but they keep up if the light's not too too long (though I try not to bump my traffic light neighbors anyway)... The cap is just a Power Acoustik which is not a bra...
by CleverCynic
Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:46 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Sorting the good bad and ugly
Replies: 359
Views: 101885

X's and SX's

did i read that right that you are running 2 type Xs and an RE sx at the same time? yes that's correct. They are not wired together though. The X-types are in a dual sealed enclosure on one amp and the SX is in a ported on the other amp. I have a chevy astro cargo van and the luxury of a ton of spa...
by CleverCynic
Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:22 am
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Sorting the good bad and ugly
Replies: 359
Views: 101885

suggquestion

Hey guys, looks like a great list, lots of experience here. I'm not an installer or anything but I do like to think I do all my homework before making purchases of this nature. My only gripe is with HiFonics amps in the questionable list. I'm running two Alpine X-types and a Resonant Engineering SX,...