Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Unwanted Bass Noise

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Unwanted Bass Noise

by Fishy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:23 pm

Ya it really sounds like a bad ground.

Oh, and even if an inline groudloop isolator could help I wouldn't spend the money on one unless absolutely necessary. I'm not a big fan of those things. Maybe they make em better now, but the few times I've found need to utilize one I've found the added alternator whine to be more acceptable than the resulting loss of frequency response.

-Fishy

by Livinloud » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:58 pm

Is your power wire ran on the opposite side of car from the RCA's and Remote Wires?

Are you sure your amp isnt turning off when your subs lose sound?

If your amp turns off then that sounds like either your amp is defective or you have a lose ground just as everyone else suggested.

You might have been pinching a wire behind the brake pedal in your cavalier if your subs stopped working when you would push on the brake.

by Livinloud » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:56 pm

Is your power wire ran on the opposite side of car from the RCA's and Remote Wires?

Are you sure your amp isnt turning off when your subs lose sound?

If your amp turns off then that sounds like either your amp is defective or you have a lose ground just as everyone else suggested.

by Minorthreat412 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:04 pm

I still havent solved this problem and I just noticed a little bit ago that my subs will sometimes "lose sound" and then come right back on.

I had a problem with my system in a cavalier that just turn off whenever I hit the brakes...I never solved that either.

Well, I'd be glad to hear any input from who ever wants to help.

Thanks Everyone,
Chad

by dmeyer07 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:14 pm

As far as a wiring kit goes, Stinger makes some wonderful ones!


http://www.stingerelectronics.com/web/prods/wiring_kits.asp

There's a link for ya of some of the kits they offer.

Also Knukonceptz, and Streetwirez are pretty good.

by Minorthreat412 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:11 pm

We've tryed different RCA's and it was the same

I redid the ground and redid the wiring from the HU to the GM harness perfectly.

The ground is directly connected to the frame now.

I'm going to go get one of those wiring kits for hooking up an amp. I'm thinking that maybe the remote wire has something to do with it. Anyone have any advice on what to get? brand?

Lastly, I'll go to my brothers house and hook up his radio to mine and see if its different. If it is....I'm not buy pioneer anymore.

My car originally had bose speakers. Has anyone with bose speakers had this problem?

Thank you everyone.

by Scarrell » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:07 pm

ok. it may be the RCA's...

by Minorthreat412 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:00 pm

Thank you everybody

by Minorthreat412 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:59 pm

Scarrell wrote:there may be wires touching, or wires touching metal....... reading it again.. are you talking about when you turn it on it makes a quick boom from the subs?

yeah, when i turn the radio on and off it makes a quick boom.

by Ryan from Ohio » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:38 am

I would start off by putting a new ground in for the Head Unit.

Some radios produce a sound while reading CDs. It is very low and only audible when turned WAY up. This isnt to uncommon.

I would 99.9% likely say by redoing the ground this problem should go away. If it doesnt then I would start looking into the Head Unit itself.

A ground loop isolator wont help you a bit here.

Top