Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Super components

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Super components

by f-onefifty » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:46 pm

in that case add kodas, cdt's comps with those hybrid xovers are wicked too.

by Jonathan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:36 pm

"I'd personally rather have Rainbow Reference because not everyone and their mother has them ."
Me too. I love Rainbows stuff. The lifetime warranty isn't a bad thing either.

by William from NOLA » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:40 am

Jonathan wrote:Haven't heard the Alpine F#1 Status set yet, but built on Scanspeak drivers, so they can't be a bad thing. At least I'd hope not for the price.
I've read that they are some great speakers. People seem to rank them very high. I've even seen one guy prefer them over Rainbow Reference... kinda crazy. I'd personally rather have Rainbow Reference because not everyone and their mother has them :) .

by smoker » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:40 am

mb quart 218.61 q
these things rock
as do these
jl audio xr650's
i actually like the jl set better
and just to cruise down memory lane how about 15 years or so ago the rockford fosgate pro series components? they were awesome you had to buy each speaker seperately as well as the crossovers but talk about options........

by audiobass10 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:46 pm

audiofreak12 wrote:Are the RE XXX mids and the RE components good enough to make it on the list?
Sure why not. The XXX mids sound VERY promising. I've heard great things about the RE series components as well. Like "bang for buck sub" list...it's all a matter of opinion so anything's fair game within reason. :)

by audiofreak12 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:44 pm

Are the RE XXX mids and the RE components good enough to make it on the list?

by Jonathan » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:41 pm

I'm liking the Dynaudio 240 Esotar set at the current moment. Tweeter is heaven :)
Adire Audio Kodas
Oz Audio Matrix
Rainbow (Profi line and above)
Haven't heard the Alpine F#1 Status set yet, but built on Scanspeak drivers, so they can't be a bad thing. At least I'd hope not for the price.

by GlassWolf » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:56 pm

Anything DynAudio
Rainbow Reference line
Morel Elate and Hybrid components
Diamond Hex
KEF Kar components with Uni-Q tweeters

Super components

by nist7 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:42 pm

Alright, this is the response to the "super sub" thread.

ADS 345/346cs
Boston Acoustics Z6/Z5
CDT ES
DLS Iridium
DynAudio System 360
Focal Utopia
Rainbow Platinum Line

I'm sure there are many more.

Top