by Audiophile » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:33 pm
Yeah, Alpine has always been my "go-to" brand, but their old "audiophile" decks just...well don't exist anymore. The 9830 was actually the first year they started going down hill. Wish I could find a 7998....except iPod capable haha.
Anywho, the more people I talk to who are audiophiles like myself tell me to stay far away from the Pioneer.
My first choice of an SQ deck would be the Clarion 9255, but that's going a bit overboard on price. Second choice would be the Alpine DVA-9965, once again overboard on price.
I think I'm going to have to settle somewhere in the middle and end up with that X001. If I could really have my way I'd be running a Zapco 750.2 with the symbilink interconnect and not give a damn about 2v pre-outs. Once again, overboard on price, for now at least.
Anyone else have any other ideas as far as a different source unit?
Yeah, Alpine has always been my "go-to" brand, but their old "audiophile" decks just...well don't exist anymore. The 9830 was actually the first year they started going down hill. Wish I could find a 7998....except iPod capable haha.
Anywho, the more people I talk to who are audiophiles like myself tell me to stay far away from the Pioneer.
My first choice of an SQ deck would be the Clarion 9255, but that's going a bit overboard on price. Second choice would be the Alpine DVA-9965, once again overboard on price.
I think I'm going to have to settle somewhere in the middle and end up with that X001. If I could really have my way I'd be running a Zapco 750.2 with the symbilink interconnect and not give a damn about 2v pre-outs. Once again, overboard on price, for now at least.
Anyone else have any other ideas as far as a different source unit?