Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Bass causing skippage

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Bass causing skippage

by RamZ » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:46 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and buy a cap. my headlights dim when i crank it anyway so maybe that'll solve my problem.

by Ryan from Ohio » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:13 am

Take the radio OUT of the sleeve and actually hold it.

If its still skipping then I would put a DMM on it to check the voltage. If the voltage is low then I would worry about it.

by RamZ » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:03 pm

Havent gotten around to troubleshooting yet, been workin alot and its nighttime. I'll try holding it in place and see what happend when i get the chance

by kevinberry1 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:53 pm

I am no expert at all, but I don't think a new battery would solve the problem if it is in deed due to low voltage. The alternator can only replace the lost power so fast, so it would seem you wouldn't need a new battery unless you also replaced the alternator with a high output model for your car. Again, not sure but it seems logical :)

Try the methods that others mentioned with regard to bracing the head unit first. Or at least remove the front panel of your dash and try holding the unit firmly while the bass is turned up with the car running (hopefully not while driving). This may help you determine if it is due to the vibrations from the bass or if it is caused by low voltage. Keep us posted.

by RamZ » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:37 pm

my amp is a Audiobahn A8000T 800w

by RamZ » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:36 pm

My car's a 2001, maybe if i got a new optima red top battery that'd solve things.

by kevinberry1 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:34 pm

How big is your amp? That might help us determine if it is a voltage problem. High output alternators can be expensive, especially if you can't install it yourself. I would exhaust all other means before considering a different alternator, just my opinion.

by ridr4lif » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:47 pm

A new alternator would supply you with the voltage you would need.

TEDD

by RamZ » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:45 pm

No, its just plain skipping. Sometimes it does real bad, but then sometimes it doesnt skip at all. I'm thinking that its the voltage like buickfreak was saying. How would i fix that? I used a wire harness so its hooked to the stock wires, could that cause low voltage?

by ridr4lif » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:55 am

I had a similar problem with low voltage due to the size of my amp...but my deck just turned on and off. It didnt just skip. Does it seem that the headunit dims/turns off and thats what the skip is...or is it actually skipping?

TEDD

Top