Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Some other toys for the Camaro

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Some other toys for the Camaro

by Chris from Washington » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:09 pm

thanks!
I'll let you know if I need them, I always forget about the springs need to be swapped too.

by Purple RS » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:24 am

If you need a set of V8 springs for your swap, I have a set that I took from my 89 V8 car when I opted for a set of WS6 springs. They're the stock RS V8 springs, so not real stiff, but they'll bring the ride height to stock where it should be.

by Chris from Washington » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:46 am

Ya, we'll have to meet up sometime.
Right now tho, the car isn't going anywhere (lol)

I'm hoping to swap engines in it, it has the crappy 6 right now. Then get it painted, and then.... finally start on all the fun stuff!!

by Purple RS » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm

We'll have to meet sometime and compare ideas. From your registration over on Cascade Crew (or Car Domain site?), you're not too far from me, Puyallup? It would be neat to check out the restoration. Those front parks sound interesting, I already have a set of clear lenses without diffusers (smoked with nightshade) that I may be able to do the same thing with. I have another Camaro that I'm starting to put some money into, it's going to be more a project and fun car and not have all the electronics that this purple one does.

by Chris from Washington » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:20 pm

I'm going to convert everything to LED on the Camaro. I did something similar on the brake lights on my 4Runner. Since the Camaro is being restored, I'm doing all the fun stuff on this car. I started on the front turn signals last weekend.

I opened one of the lights up, and soldered 40 LEDs to the board. Sat it in the lens, and not overly happy with it. I made it so my board recessed further back into the lens. So I get that cool LED line look, but because I recessed it, the line of LEDs don't go from 1 side of the lens to the other.

So going to start over, and this time not recess the board so much, and also use more LEDs :) I'm also not going to use the factory diffuser, that's in the lens. The factory one sits in there at an angle, so it screws up how nice the LEDs look. So instead I made my own diffuser that sits parallel to the board. This I am happy with :)

Supeflux LEDs are the ones you want, made by Lumileds.
They are the ones who make them for OEM applications. If you go over to HIDPlanet. People sell them there all the time, I just got mine for 6.50 for a tube of 60. Which is about 25 less then if you buy them straight from Lumileds. woohoo for me :)

Also, I think the Luxeons require a heatsink, and might get too hot inside a lens. Not sure tho.

by Purple RS » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Chris from Washington wrote:and we both have Camaros too!!

speaking of LEDs.
Just bought 600 Red and 480 amber superflux LEDs, I've got a project :)
I have an idea what you're doing... I've been wanting to do something like that for a while too. I used to have some SuperBright LED 1156, 1157 and 194 replacements on all my exterior lights. They were ok at night except the dual intensity LEDs didn't have alot of difference in the two levels of brightness and they were all hard to see in the daytime. :argh Next I'll try something similar or go with the 3 watt luxeon SuperBright carries.

by Chris from Washington » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:44 pm

and we both have Camaros too!!

speaking of LEDs.
Just bought 600 Red and 480 amber superflux LEDs, I've got a project :)

by Ryan from Ohio » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:02 pm

Wait a minute...

Someone besides Chris said LED?

:sm29:

Oh boy...

:help:

by Chris from Washington » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:51 pm

I always like digital dashes, back in their heyday there were some really cool ones out there!

but like you said, people don't like to read (lol)

by Purple RS » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:48 pm

Thank you. Some would argue though that they like the analogue type gauges so they don't have to "read' them and just watch the sweep of the needle. I agree with how they feel, but this is not a race car and never will be :D The gauges go with the rest of the dash and the head unit, I've also changed the light in the defroster switch to match as well as the HVAC control. I added some LEDs to the interior door handles and connected them to the dash light circuit, so that they are easy to find in the dark. :) I'm glad you guys like it, there is also some custom upholstery work sice it was less expensive to go that way than using OEM cloth.

Top