Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Adding neon to motorcycle...help

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Adding neon to motorcycle...help

by CaptainPioneer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:42 am

no problem definitely get in touch with Chris From Washington or get a user account on HID PLANET to talk to the guys... they are all very helpful there.

by kevinberry1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:34 am

I checked out that bike and it looks very cool. Similar bike to mine except my tank is blue instead of white, very nice LED's.

Now you have piqued my interest and I'll have to do some research about LED's to see how I could make them work on my bike. I'm sure I could wire them okay but attaching them seems to have me baffled at this point. I'll do some research and will keep updating the thread. :thumbsup

by CaptainPioneer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:17 am

Ask Chris about LED's or go to HIDPLANET to check out their forum's they gave me great ideas and suggestions.. Oh and one dude has a sick GSXR with plenty of LED mods so check it out!!

by kevinberry1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:09 am

Bwcad1 wrote:the only problem i see is that if you just want to let the bike sit with the neons on for show you will have to have your HL on. and that could take away from the neons. and i would use LED's instead less current draw and easier to hide.
That's a good point. It might be worth it to hide the switch better and just wire it straight from the battery with an inline fuse. The only reason I thought about using the neons is because I've had them for a while and thought I might as well put them to use :) I wouldn't mind using LED's if I knew how to wire them and find a place to install them. I am clueless about how to use LED's, lol

by Bwcad1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:53 am

the only problem i see is that if you just want to let the bike sit with the neons on for show you will have to have your HL on. and that could take away from the neons. and i would use LED's instead less current draw and easier to hide.

by CaptainPioneer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:39 am

or u could switch it to the ignition or fuel pump relay i think... those cant be switched on unless the key is turned.

by kevinberry1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:25 am

CaptainPioneer wrote:I would hook up directly to the battery if the Neon's are regulated and then have a switch in between the wire so u can turn it on when u want... From what i gather from your set up there, It sounds like every time you turn on the headlamp u will turn on the Neon's. Being a safe Biker usually includes turning on ur Headlamp at all times so that would mean ur Neon's are on all the time. unless ur saying that the #87 relay is a seperate relay that you are installing as a toggle switch, then yea thats fine.

Sorry if i Confused you, because i think i confused myself lol
Thanks for the help. Yeah I thought about hardwiring the switch to the battery but then someone could hit the button when I'm away from the bike and the neons could be left on. I don't think it would take much to run down a small motocyle battery. I'm hoping that by tapping into the healamp wire (which is always on when the ignition is on) for the relay I can then switch the neons off and on only when the bike is running. I think it sounds like I have it right??? :)

by CaptainPioneer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:47 am

so wait i was right? Oh man its a good day!

by Bwcad1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:30 am

your correct that will work fine

also there lil pioneer the neons will have power anytime the headlamp is on but there also on a switch. so the headlamp will have to be on plus the switch will as well or no neon glow :( haha

by CaptainPioneer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:20 am

I would hook up directly to the battery if the Neon's are regulated and then have a switch in between the wire so u can turn it on when u want... From what i gather from your set up there, It sounds like every time you turn on the headlamp u will turn on the Neon's. Being a safe Biker usually includes turning on ur Headlamp at all times so that would mean ur Neon's are on all the time. unless ur saying that the #87 relay is a seperate relay that you are installing as a toggle switch, then yea thats fine.

Sorry if i Confused you, because i think i confused myself lol

Top